My wife and I just completed a 5 night stay at the Pullman in Berlin and I was very satisfied with the hotel.
Location is very good - its walking distance to many shops, restaurants, public transport and sights. Its a 10 minute walk to the closest U-Bahn station (right next to the KaDeWe), which is fine. Its perhaps a little further to Ku'Damm and Zoo Stations. Its located on a relatively quiet street right across from the Intercontinental and the Zoo/Aquarium.
The hotel itself is very modern and in impeccable condition. The lobby is relatively small, but perfectly adequate. Check in was very smooth and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The room itself was spotlessly clean, and quite comfortable. The room was not huge, but not small either. Very tastefully furnished. Bathroom well appointed.... I had only 2 minor issues. Firstly, the bed was too soft and consisted of 2 twin beds pushed together and using two separate blankets. Not my preference for a "double room". The other issue was the fact that internet wasn't included and when you pay for it it only covers one device, so you need to pay for your laptop AND your Blackberry, iPad etc. When I complained about this the girl at the reception gave me a free second device which scored points at least for good service.
We really didn't use any of the hotel's other facilities - ate out all the time, and didn't use the gym. Its definitely aimed at business travelers rather than tourists, but it served us well as tourists regardless. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 383 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin