Park Inn by Radisson Berlin City West
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Hilton Berlin(Berlin)
US$122
US$120
US$101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

i31 Hotel(Berlin)
US$118
US$106
  • Room Service
US$92
US$70
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

All reviewsfehrbelliner platzfree wifistar hotelrecommend this hotelunderground stationbusiness tripgood sizetransport systemcoffee makergreat central locationbooked this hotelthe hotel staffreception areamajor attractionsthree nightschecking indouble room
Reviewed 8 December 2011

A group of 5 stayed here for 3 nights. I booked here because of good reviews and a great rate on offer on the Park Inn website for 2 Junior suites. On arrival we checked in, just a short walk from the U7 station. The rooms were very spacious and had really comfy beds. There are large balconies with a bit of a view. Facilities in the room werespotless and even ran to slippers.. The 5th guest had booked a standard twin room for single occupancy so was surprised to find himself in the ONLY single room in the building (118 by the way-- you know you have the short straw if they give you this room) He also had much poorer facilities but we decided not to complain as the suites were better than anticipated.

The breakfast was very good and really hit the spot (12 euro),there was a good choice of hot and cold meats and fruit and pastries and the staff were very obliging and welcoming.

Locally the area has loads of bars and restaurants which offer consistant quality and value as well as a friendly welcome. Of particular mention was one ,turn right from the hotel, right at the lights and walk by the blue water pipe and there is a bar serving JEVER with a big Jever sign outside, the clientelle is local and the welcome superb,cheap beer and food and loads of atmosphere,I could really get to like that place.

where it let us down was that I was presented with the bill on departure which I duly paid but as I was in a hurry I did not realise that I had been overcharged by over 400 euros for a 3 day stay!!.When back in the uk I phoned the hotel only to be told to ring back the next day(today) I decided to email but had not had any reply by lunchtime. I did not want to ring germany on a mobile as the charges are high and it was me who had alredy been overcharged. I therefore rang Park Inn's UK booking service who were very unwilling to help me until I put considerable pressure on them. I was then transferred to Germany and the hotel where I spoke to the reservations manager who seemed very confused by the whole situation even though I had sent copies of my original bookings to him via email.

As I write I am not sure if i have managed to get my overcharge refunded and I did not even raise the problems about the single bed in the standard twin room.

The hotel is almost there--but be carefull as the booking system andallocation is not robust. I have to say i would be unsure of staying here again. I play a straight game and don't feel I should have to complain to put things right--they should be done right in the first place.

Room Tip: Avoid 118, junior suites great but check the bill and take proof of your rate
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeatonClassic
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I stayed in the hotel last weekend. The room was clean, comfortable, good size. The breakfast in the restaurant was really good, many choices and very good quality of food. Most impressive was the staff of the hotel. In the restaurant and reception, whom ever we asked for assistance, they were very friendly and helpfull. All overall we had a great time in Berlin and are looking forward to return. We can really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I'm generally quite easy about the service quality at hotels, particularly when on a leisure break, but for the Park Inn Berlin City West I have to make an exception. My wife and I had booked a long weekend during October, along with my brother and his partner. We'd booked well in advance, over 9 months previously, and were looking forward to the break. I'd chosen the Park Inn due to the good reviews and locality to the underground line. However, upon arriving we were told "there is a problem", and the lady walked off. She came back a short while later to explain, very matter-of-fact, that the hotel had been overbooked and we did not have a room.

I found this hard to believe, firstly we had booked 9-months in advance and secondly it was only 11am in the morning so it was unlikely that all other people had checked in already. When I questioned this, I was given a very frank and honest answer. The hotel had received a block booking from a coach tour, and we had been gazumped. When I asked why they had chosen to do this, I was told it was more profitable for the hotel! Not exactly great customer service, but at least the receptionist (clearly this wasn't her choice) was honest. We were then told we had been booked into an alternative hotel, the Best Western a couple of kilometres away. After fruitless negotiation and a period of stunned surprise, we were eventually offered a taxi to the other hotel.

I’ve stopped in hotels all over the world, and NEVER before have I had my room cancelled knowingly by the hotel because they could make more money from someone else!

The BW hotel was fine, but listed itself as a 3* rather than the 4* hotel that we'd booked. Now, I'm not a hotel snob, but I expect to get what I'd paid for! The real annoyance was not being told. The hotel had our contact details, why not contact us and at least give us a choice to find our own accommodation?

Upon return to the UK, I wrote an emailed letter of complaint to the hotel. A week later, after no response, I sent the email onto the Central Reservations team, and another week later, still after no reply, I sent again to all emails I could find for Park Inn. Eventually, I got a response from the hotel and an offer of an upgrade if I choose to visit Park Inn Berlin West again - not likely!!!

Berlin was fun, the Zoo and Berlin Wall being the highlights along with some amazing beer and atmospheric pubs. The BW hotel staff were great, and by the end of the break we’d almost forgotten about the awful service from the Park Inn and the far from ideal start. My advice would be to give Park Inn Berlin West a wide berth and save yourself the stress. The service of the Park Inn group is awful, and they will never have my business again.

7  Thank Angry_13
HotelParkInnBerlin, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Berlin City West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

To whom it may concern,
thank you very much for your feedback.

We do apologize for missing to inform you about the booking situation prior to your arrival. We have addressed this issue to the Reception team ensureing this kind of situation will not come up agin.
In fact, we have chosen the Best Western Hotel for you re-location as it is a four star hotel in good location,approx.900m away from our hotel, but mainly because of the high standards they aim to provide to their guests.

Despite the unexpected hotel situation, we trust you had a great time in Berlin.
Refering to our email send on November 07th, we do hope you accept our apology. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the Park Inn by Radisson Berlin City West.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

This hotel is well located, the rooms very clean tidy and spacious. The staff extremely friendly and helpful. We had dinner, whilst the menu is small and limited, the food was very good, tasty. The hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelParkInnBerlin, Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Berlin City West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for your positive feedback.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With best regards,
Your Hotel Team

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Ok, just a quick one you know what you get with a park inn and this one is no different, its clean well appointed rooms ( for the price) are all present. The TV's are little outdated ( not flatscreen) there's no free wifi and only 1 english speaking tv channel ( bbc world, which I actually really like so no major problem) unless you pay £12 for a basic sky pack. Bathroom clean, shower good pressure bath adequate sized.

So why is worth writing a review? The location, which is awesome, its on the edge of Chalottenburg and is surrounded by great little bars cafes and restaurants, its near a u-bahn station, two taxi ranks and everywhere in central Berlin is walkable with 40 minutes. The hotel itself is on a quiet street so no noise at night. It is a far far better option than the big park inn on alexanderplastz, which whilst newer and swankier is surrounded by McDonalds and dunking donuts, not my thing but maybe its yours

Overall for the price (145 euros for three nights in a double room) is excellent value for an average but excellently placed hotel in the coolest central district of Berlin.....oh and the staff were really helpful too.

2  Thank Andy H
HotelParkInnBerlin, Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Berlin City West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for your positive feedback and we are so pleased to read that each and every step was outstanding.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With best regards,