5,686 results
All reviews fish tank huge aquarium museum island heat restaurant a business class room amazing aquarium aquarium view tv tower room facing small balcony brandenburg gate spree river hotel lobby fantastic hotel alexander platz alexanderplatz station hackescher markt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed as a couple September 2018. I would like to start by saying that every single member of staff in this hotel, from the front desk to the restaurant, to the spa to housekeeping, was so lovely! Everybody had a small and a greeting as we passed, I have nothing negative to say about the staff at all, they made our stay that much nicer.
The room was very nice and very clean, it was cleaned everyday and was very quiet. We had a room facing the aquarium.
The location is ideal, you literally just walk down a straight line for about a mile and you hit most of the sights. It was very easy for us to find using public transport when we were coming from the airport as well.
The only negative was that we had breakfast on 2 out of 3 days, we were told when we checked in and on both days by the breakfast restaurant staff that the buffet was 12.50 each but when we went to check out they had charged us for three days at 25.00 each. The member of staff refunded the third day which we did not have but was adamant that breakfast was 25.00, even though we protested and told him that is not what we had been told, he was reluctant to go and investigate at the restaurant even though breakfast had only finished about 10 minutes earlier. He pulled over another member of front desk staff who backed him up. It would have been nice if he had spoken to the breakfast staff to clear things up a bit. In the end we gave up on the conversation.
We tried not to let that ruin the stay as everything else was so nice, the breakfast itself was fantastic - but we would not have paid 25.00 euro each for it!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again in the future regardless.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RD_Berlin, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Beth B, thank you so much for your lovely review and your raving praise in regards to our staff and your stay with us in general. That you felt so comfortable and well looked after is a lovely compliment but I am sorry about the mix up in regards to the breakfast price and am sorry it was not really solved for you, that is very unlike us as we are fond believers of things can go wrong but it is how they are being dealt with that makes all the difference. I would be delighted if you would get in touch with me directly again to follow up on your experience. I hope to hear from you. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I worked in a Radisson 5* hotel 20 years ago and everything that Kurt Ritter had established in the business and it's success back in the late 1990s was about 100% guest satisfaction and it is so amazing to now visit a Radisson hotel in 2018 and find that the same ethos has never left the business.

My stay was, in simple summary, outstanding in every aspect and one of the most pleasing hotel stays I've had in the last decade. The fact that I was visiting Berlin for my 40th birthday with my partner made it all the more special, but hence the reason for choosing a 5* hotel in the heart of Berlin as I was treating myself.

I was aware that my partner had contacted the hotel to tell them about my special occasion. However, having booked a standard room I was simply expecting a city view room and not a lot else.

You can imagine my delight when we were upgraded to an atrium view room from which you could see the internal aquarium which is stunning (and also the largest conical aquarium in the world, but you have to see it first hand to believe it)...and there was a bottle of chilled sparkling wine waiting for us on arrival in our room...and later on the second day (which was my actual birthday) there was also a small chocolate cake waiting for me and birthday wishes after our day of sightseeing. This is 100% guest satisfaction and going above and beyond the call of duty to do the little things that delight the customer.

We didn't have breakfast since we went on a room only rate (and that's my only bugbear which is that the price is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination) but, it is a 5* hotel, make no mistake.

The bedrooms are lovely (not huge, but an adequate size) and immaculately clean every day. The view of the aquarium is stunning. The bed was comfortable and the room temperature was perfect..the shower was also nice and easy to control.

The hotel itself is lovely; the bar on the ground floor has an equally impressive view from underneath the bottom of the cylindrical aquarium. The reception and concierge staff were super friendly and welcoming and very knowledgeable and helpful including helping us sort out our Berlin Passes which were great value for our 3 nights stay in Berlin, which is s city with so much to do and see.

The location is amazing...you can walk to many key sights within minutes including the Museum Island and directly opposite is the stunning Berliner Dom cathedral.

Overall, a truly pleasurable experience demonstrating everything a first class hotel should be in a major city. Top marks from me & my partner, we both loved it! And if we ever return to Berlin, we will be choosing the Radisson again!

Room Tip: For me personally I'd say aquarium inner view room, but no doubt the cathedral (Dom) view rooms would be amazing too
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I do not even know how to start saying thank you for your wonderful review and praise dear AngloItalian78. We are absolutely delighted, your kind words are by far the best compliment we could ever wish for. That the ideas and spirit of what our founding fathers created are still shown and can be experienced is just fanastic and exactly what we try to do here on a daily basis. Your review will go up on the wall for everyone to read and marvel at - what a motivation! Thank you again and see you soon we hope, best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do not recommend this hotel.
We stayed at "Radisson Blu Berlin" from 8-9 September.

During check-in we`ve been asked to provide a credit card in case of extra expenses.
But the money weren’t blocked, they`ve been withdrawn at the same day (8th Septemeber) in the amount of 50 EUR.

The money were supposed to get back to our credit card within 3 working days. It`s been more than a week but the money didn`t get back.
Have spoken to the hotel 2 times, they said the money would be back soon but still nothing. It takes them a minute to withdrawn money and ages to return it back!!

Is it a usual practice when this hotel withdrawn authorisation money without returning it back?? Outrageous! I travel a lot and have never had a situation like this!

If you don’t want to lose your money- Do not provide your credit card for authorisation while check in!!
Elena

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear 9moon9, thank you very much for your review and your feedback. I am very sorry to read that the matter in regards to the taken authorisation and the aftermath thereof left a bitter taste with you and resulted in this being the only memory stuck with you after your stay with us. An authorisation on arrival is an approach taken by all international hotel chains. Some credit cards and banks show the authorisation as a charge rather than a block what it really is and even though it gets released on departure most banks work with it longer. Has the money been returned in the meantime? Please feel free to get in touch with me to get this matter resolved for you. Kind regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager - stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I went there for a seminar. Very well located in Berlin.
Starting point was awful more than 30 mn queue to check in when hotel had already all my details. Apparently an IT problem....
Room was clean and well organized. Breakfast was abundant, well diversified and and rather tasty.
Our seminar room was OK but not well organized: probably too many seats compared to the size of the rooms.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RD_Berlin, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your honest feedback jamesequity! I am sorry we were off to a bumpy start, this was indeed due to some techical error, the last thing we wish for on a busy check in / check out day and I am sorry your first Impression suffered. We will also follow up on your Meeting and Events feedback - which event did you attend? I hope you will be our guest again in the future, maybe on a leisure trip or another business meeting in the future, we would be delighted nevertheless. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager