“Berghain's Lab.Oratory”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Berghain's Lab.Oratory”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This review is for the Berghain's gay area, Lab.Oratory.
The entrance is around the left-side of Berghain. The doorman reminds you it's a club for gay males (unless you are Lady GaGa, who visited in 2010) with a dress policy of fetish and underwear.

This is a fantastic sex club. Decor and atmosphere are just phenomenal. Dark, industrial and music is thumping deep house and techno.
You will strip and leave your clothes in a sack with a number. The number will be marked on your arm with a pen and when you order drinks at the bar there will be a tab with your number. Extremely good value for both entrance fee and drinks.

Condoms run out of the dispensers early and are replaced sporadically so it's advised to bring your own (just slip them in your boots).
Be prepared to see a lot of nudity and high-risk activity.

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
San Mateo, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Racist doormen don't let you in if you speak English”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Waited in line for 2 hours in the cold and go rejected at the door because we weren't German and were speaking English. Don't come to this club if you're a foreigner.

Visited February 2014
11 Thank Jon H
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Bouncers are just antiphatic”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I wouldnt recommend this club. It is over hyped, and is just for hypsters now. The bouncers are unfriendly, will handle you like animals, that they have to select before going to the butcher. Nothing to do with the techno state of mind...
Stay away. Much better clubs whith friendly personal and underground music can be found in Berlin.

Visited July 2013
11 Thank Patrick S
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Some of the best customer service in my life!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I got in and I wasn't even on the guest list, but my friend was so I could come with him. We were two guys and I wore a bright yellow coat and red shoes and we spoke english from the very beginning. Once we got stamped, we could come and go as much as we liked and the party lasted two and a half days, can you believe that?!?! I don't understand how people can rate this 1/5 just because they couldn't get in, especially since everyone knows that it's hard to get in and it's nothing personal if you get rejected, it's simply bad luck.

I found the whole place f'd up, but in a good way. It's like techno, by all means you shouldn't like it but it fascinates you so much, maybe it's like the forbidden fruit? While the structure is simply amazing as well as the music (if you like techno or deep house), I can't deny that there aren't any psychological factors involved here like the feeling of exclusivity when and if you get in and the general mood set up beforehand by all the tension and excitement of not knowing whether if you're going to enter or not.

Visited October 2013
8 Thank SamiErajaa
Barcelona, Spain
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Lousy Door Policy”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I braved the -10+ degree temperatures to arrive on Sunday afternoon for the closing session. There was no queue and doormen asked me if I was on the guestlist. I wasn't & hence couldn't come in. I had heard about their dodgy door policy but forgotten about it, so I asked them why I couldn't come, a question they were not interested in answering. Then I asked what time they changed shift so that I could perhaps try again. They refused to answer that too and told me to leave. What rude, nasty power trippers. I know local Berliners who were declined 4 times before they managed to get in...and only then on the guestlist. What I want to know is why discriminate against people? It just seems so Aryan and outdated.

Visited January 2014