“poor quality meat”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain
Reviewed April 11, 2016

I love steaks and went to this place because it is nearby where I stayed in Berlin.
The meat was terrible even though it was cooked to order and I was surprised after so many good reviews. Anyway I thought it was just that piece of meat and I trusted the reviews so I went again a few weeks later and it was the same poor quality.There were some French guys on the next table who were also complaining that the meat was poor. I ordered a double gin and tonic and couldn't taste any gin so I'm sure was watered down.
You get what you pay for I suppose and this place is very very cheap for steak.
I will not be going again.

Reviewed April 6, 2016

Last time we were in the other San Diego and this time in this one.
The service was better , the meat was great as usual but as usual problems with the side dishes , either forgotten by the waiters and when we got it the taste was not so good.
My potatoes tasted like old ones thrown again in the pan.

Reviewed March 26, 2016

We ended up in San Diego entirely by accident, we'd headed over to that part of town for the K17 club and wanted to grab some dinner before heading in, this was the only place we could find in the vicinity.

The stakes were fine and good value, but my friends who didn't go for stake were disappointed. Some of our party were vegetarian and they didn't have much to choose from, but what can you expect from a steakhouse.

If you're stuck in this part of town, then it's an ok bet if you want stake, but if you have the choice there are much better in Berlin.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

If you want meat and you don't want to have to pay much or wait very long for it this is the restaurant for you.

I has a perfectly serviceable turkey schnitzel with creamy mushroom sauce served with croquette potatoes and a side salad for less that 6 Euros and it was fine. It's not haut cuisine but it doesn't pretend to be. The restaurant was nicely themed, warm and inviting and the staff knew what they were doing.

Quite a reasonable sized food and drink menu. I understand this is the sister restaurant of one on Karl Marz Allee near Frankfurter Tor.

Reviewed October 25, 2015

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant a couple of weeks ago on our trip to Berlin, we were staying around the corner. Great food and generous portion sizes for such reasonable prices were amazing! Both ordered starters, mains and a drink each, all for just over €30! I had mushroom starter - massive! And lamb chops for mains, both were very flavoursome and huge portions. My boyfriend had tomato soup for starter and a 500g steak for mains, again very tastey and huge portion! We both left full and satisfied. Staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant was full with a good atmosphere. Can't recommend enough!

Been to Steakhouse San Diego? Share your experiences!