“One of the best for sure!”
Review of The Circus Hostel

The Circus Hostel
Ranked #3 of 358 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've stayed there for five nights with my boyfriend. We've stayed in a room with 810 beds, with shared bathroom.
The room was excellent, the biggest I've ever stayed. With big windows, a comfortable enough bed and a small locker to put your documents and money. The guys at the reception gave us helpful info and an excellent map.
We did the Free Walking Tour with Sylvia, which I really recommend.
There's a nice bar downstairs, and a coffee with a great All you can eat breakfast for 5eur.
The location was perfect, in the first two days we've just walked around the city without using the U or S-Bahn.
Certainly would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,280)

Reviewed 17 March 2012

all in one - sleeping, eating, drinking, parting! and only 15 minuts away from the city center!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

this hostel was located in a great spot, central to all we wanted to see. the bar and breakfast area attached were very convenient. the hostel had great security, rooms and bathrooms were clean. will definitely recommend and come back if ever in Berlin again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here for 10 days during the Christmas holiday period and had a great time. Our room was a private double with shared bathroom on the 2nd floor. The hostel was busy leading up to Christmas and immediately after but nice and quiet in between. For Christmas eve, the hostel put on a set menu dinner for a very reasonable price and the Circus Hotel across the road had a special Christmas menu for Christmas Day (just book ahead if you plan to eat there on such a holiday).

The atmosphere of the bar and hostel was good. Our only complaint would be the state other guests sometimes left the bathroom in, particularly when large 'party' groups came through. Aside from that, the place was regularly cleaned by staff and the people on reception / at the bar were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were well sound-proofed and except for the odd door slam (the doors are rather heavy) we never heard our neighbours when we were in the room. Wi-fi was good and available throughout the building. There are no cooking facilities but the Circus Cafe does offer reasonably priced food and drinks before 8PM. Breakfast is also great if you're prepared to spend EUR5 for the buffet and coffee option. Other options are also available depending on what you fancy.

There are plenty of decent eateries and bars in the immediate area and also many interesting shops. We thought the location was perfect and central to most things. If you're a keen walker, it's a great spot to base yourself, otherwise the underground / tram system is easy enough to use. The Circus is one of my favourite hostels in Europe – I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clare_nz_11
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Staff is friendly the hostel is super clean and the location is superb! Bravo!!!! I was on my honeymoon during my Eurotrip with my husband and was worried about staying at my first European hostel but the circus exceeded my expectations!! Thank you to all staff members in making my visit memorable!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed there for two days. When I came in the hostel I felt home immediately. I checked in for 4 people dorm. It was really clean and well decorated. You can connect to the internet in your room also. Hostel was really clean and staff was really friendly. In hostel they have lots of facilities like free locker, free safe, bar, daily travel cards, walking tours etc.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed for three nights in a single room, which was basic, but had everything you need. It was spotlessly clean, as was the whole hostel - including the showers, which was a nice change from a lot of hostels! The breakfast buffet at the connected cafe was cheap and plentiful.

The only thing that stopped me from giving the Circus five stars was the noise. There was a large gap between the bottom of my room door and the floor, so all the noise from the corridor cam in all night. It wouldn't have been too bad except all the other doors seemed to have gaps too, so they closed very quickly and slammed shut - so every time someone went in or out in the night I woke up to a slam. But earplugs would have solved that - it's no reason not to come, just a heads up.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo