Hotel-Pension Bregenz
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$183
US$135
US$131
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bquiet streetyogurtshort walk to the bus stopgerman breakfastevery morningthree nightscold cutsroom was spotlessinner courtyardthe location is perfecttransportkufurstendammminibarcharlottenburgsubwaygermany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I spent a weekend in Berlin in early March and decided to book here because of the positive reviews.
Christian was very quick to answer my emails and provided me with information on how to get from the central station to the hotel. Because I was travelling by myself with a medium sized suitcase I decided to take a taxi. It was a 15 min ride and cost about 20 Euros.
The hotel is located on a fourth floor but there is a lift. It is located on what seems to be a residential area, very quiet area. A short two and a half block walk and you will reach the bus stop at Oliver Platz, and from there I usually rode the bus, for about 10 mins to the Zoo where I took the metro if I needed to.
The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated, the ensuite bathroom is also very spacious. Breakfast is good, breads, cereal, fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts and boiled eggs.
The hotel wifi also worked fine at room 11 where I stayed. When I return to Berlin, I will stay at the Bregenz.

Room Tip: Room 11 if you want an ensuite bathroom, Good wife reception.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TravellingLili
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Let me just start by saying our stay was a gerat experience!!
We booked this hotel In light of the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor, and it sure is a wonderful place!

we were two people, staying for 7 nights for mere 49 euro per night (20-27.02.12)
thanks to the low season, we got the triple room, which was very big and highly comfortable.

the room is well heated, and equipped with a mini-bar, closet, a safe, cable -tv, sitting area and even a balcony. We also enjoyed the free WIFI connection.
the room and the ensuite bathroom is extremly clean, and the room was cleaned every day (including changing of 4 towels and bed linen every day,something that is not common in every european B&B).
the breakfast has a lot to offer,including cakes, fresh buns, sausages, cheeses and Cereals.

the hotel is Situated just 3 min walk from Olivaer Platz, from which you can get to ALL the main Berlin attraction in 15-20 min (including a close S-Bahn station to take you to Potsdam), but the hotel itself is very quite and in a very safe street.
You can also walk 5 min and you are in the middle of the Ku'Damm, one of Berlin main shopping area.
There are alot of great restaurants near the hotel (We recommend"pirate pizza" , "Olive" and "Hard rock cafe")

The Owner Christian and his family are very hospitable and extremly nice. Every day Christian helped us plan our trip, even giving us the ZOO "pet feeding time-table" the day we visited the zoo. You can also buy transportation ticket from him, which was of course very convenient.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to Berlin.
Thank you again Christian for a great time!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ofer_10
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to book again. A lift to the 4th floor eliminates dragging bags up the stairs, and Christian couldn't have been more helpful. He obviously knows this city very well, and his assistance with travel cards and timetables made sightseeing more enjoyable. Our room was basic but clean. It was a very quiet location, but easy to get to by public transport. Shopping locally was convenient with plenty of good restaurants and bars. An excellent breakfast set us up each day, and it was easy to get to the places of interest. Thanks Christian for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We spent three nights here in the middle of February 2012 and were highly satisfied with the accommodation. We were in a triple room for 3 students. The room was clean, fairly spacious and warm during winter.

What makes Hotel-Pension Bregenz a place I would book again are the central location and the hospitable owners. The central location allowed us to easily achieve our packed itinerary as Bregenz is surprisingly close to just about everything you want in Berlin. We were met by Christian who was very helpful and key to making our journey around Berlin smooth and efficient, and he offered numerous tips on avoiding tourist traps and recommending budget local eats. We could come to Christian with a basic idea of what we wanted to see in a day and he would offer often the most efficient route with sound knowledge of transport options as well as walking tours.

To keep the review honest I should mention the only drawback if any, and that is that Wifi did not reach our room (but we were told about this upfront). Wifi is still available in common areas, which is fine for browsing websites but difficult if skyping family back home.

Bregenz is a clean, comfortable, cheap, central and caring home away from home. Thankyou Christian and your family for making our stay so comfortable and I look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: I guess if you choose a room closer to the breakfast area, you would be closer to the router for wifi, but I can't be sure as our room was at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed for eight nights in a single room with a shared bathroom. The hotel is very quiet, the bathrooms were always spotless, and the owners are very warm and helpful. The breakfast is plentiful and I already miss it. Even in the winter, walking a few blocks to the very efficient public transportation or the Ku'damm is easy, and I felt safe walking alone in the neighborhood at all hours. I hope to return to Berlin in the future and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo