ARCOTEL Velvet
US$153
US$145
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoranienburger strassefloor to ceiling windowsgreat locationaround the cornertram stopwithin walking distancejunior suitepublic transportmini barbars and restaurantseast berlinmitte arealong weekendmuseum islandwould definitely stay here againthe hotel offerss bahn
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Very modern good value hotel. The location is close to the centre of Berlin with good public transport and a variety of places to eat out. The area may be a bit noisy at night but you can ask for a quiet room at the rear. Our experience was that the rooms to the rear are very quiet and you get a good night's sleep. Problems - very limited storage space and breakfast consists of four "picnic style" options, which you pick up prepacked, having ordered the previous evening. This is probably a good idea for business travelers or people anxious to get away early, but for most people, I would recommend having breakfast in one of the nearby cafes.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Just returned the beginning of December from my first visit to Berlin and found that this 4 star hotel was the perfect location for my 8 day stay. I loved every minute of my trip to Berlin! The hotel is located just around the corner from the Oranienburger Tor U-Bahn station on Friedrichstrasse. That makes it very easy to get from Tegel Airport to the hotel. Since I was traveling by myself I chose a budget room on the third floor (If you like it quiet I recommend a room facing the rear courtyard). The room was immaculate and stayed that way throughout my stay. If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room you might want to upgrade. The hotel staff were all fluent in English and always ready to help in any way. They even helped me with my lousy German. Instead of the breakfast offered in the hotel I elected to eat next door at the Ambulanz Cafe, a real hangout for young Germans. The staff at the Cafe is also fluent in English and for a light breakfast you can't beat it. Across the street from the hotel is the Mirchi restaurant. It serves excellent Singapore and Indo-Thai food at a reasonable cost. This is a hotel and a city that I would definitely return to visit.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the rear courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack S
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in this studio. I was satisfied with my stay here.

Amenities: Decent with modern design - but missed WiFi. Bed was comfortable but pillow & blanket was small.

Room: Small with modern design. They offer rooms facing courtyard and Oranienburger Strasse (with floor to ceiling glass wall). We stayed in outer rooms. Glass wall is not creepy as some said here. Use the curtains when you need privacy. But point to note is shower has no wall so it may sound romantic( or at least no worries) for couples but definitely point to be noted for friends and families. (i don't know about suites).

Location: Good - walking to most things. If you want to walk yourself in Berlin I would recommend staying closer to Friedrichstraße station (or south of it) and its prettier. But if you plan to use public transports, Arcotel offers U & S Bahn steps from its door.
Service: Reception was on phone when we arrived, kept talking for sometime while we wait (Don't know German so I can't comment on how important that was). But very helpful with suggestions and promptly got us another blanket when we requested for one.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellerSANStourist
VelvetBerlin, Manager at ARCOTEL Velvet, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are writing to sincerely thank you for having chosen the ARCOTEL Velvet Berlin.
It was a pleasure to have you stayed with us.

Thank you also for taking the time to give us a feedback.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed the design of the hotel and its location.

We sincerely apologize that you had so much trouble with the internet, because you had no WiFi on your room. But we are happy to tell you, that our technical department already ordered more mobile router for guests that can not use the internet with a kabel.

We would like to thank you again for staying with us, we wish you all the best and we are looking forward already to welcome you back at the ARCOTEL Velvet within the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October.

This hotel was great. Very modern, friendly staff and a comfortable room. Breakfast was included and, even though we only made it for one day, it was just enough to see us until lunch.

Some great restaurants and bars on Oranienburger Strasse, and was good for exploring the city.

Only complaint was on the last day as we were going to get our bags to leave, the key card didn't work (after numerous trips to reception). But the staff, although busy with other guests, were very friendly and helpful.

Will definitely look to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
VelvetBerlin, Manager at ARCOTEL Velvet, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stayed with us, and we are delighted that you were satisfied with the hotel its location, the room and our service team.
Thank you also for taking the time to give us a feedback.
Your praise is motivation for us to continue to do all that most possible to make our guests’ stay comfortable, relaxed and satisfied.
We would like to wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in our ARCOTEL Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Reasonably priced, great location, interesting architecture, small but fun and well-designed rooms - but - the hotel needs to sort out its tedious neighbours. Constant thud-thud-thud until past midnight - I had got up early in the morning on the day of my arrival so was exhausted and needing sleep big time - despite great double-glazed windows which I closed, the thud-thud-thud was still there, permeating everything. The one thing you want from a hotel is to be able to sleep when you want to - Arcotel I'm afraid failed to deliver on this one. I like techno as much as the next guy, but not when I'm trying to sleep!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
VelvetBerlin, Manager at ARCOTEL Velvet, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are writing to thank you sincerely for choosing the ARCOTEL Velvet Berlin.
It was a pleasure to receive you as our guest.
We are also very grateful for the time you have taken to give us a feedback.
We are pleased that you have enjoyed the location and the design of the room, however we are sorry that your stay was not entirely satisfying.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble you encountered because of the loud music from next door.
Thank you again for staying with, we would like to wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in our ARCOTEL Hotels in the near future.