“Great hotel in a handy location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Tulip Berlin - Hotel Hamburg

Golden Tulip Berlin - Hotel Hamburg
Ranked #154 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a handy location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We took a cheap upgrade from our cheapest of cheap rooms of 15 euros a night when we arrived and were thrilled with our amazing room. Whilst not central the hotel was a 2minute walk from Wittenburg Platz station which made it a good combination of convenient but quiet at night.

If you stay here tho, we would recommend getting your breakfast at the icecream parlor restaurant on the corner by the station. . . they do an amazing range of traditional German breakfasts and its really lovely!

I would recommend this hotel but if getting the train go to Witternburg Platz and go up to the right past the Kaisers shop and then right at the main road and find it from there.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MissTrishFace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Situated close to the zoo, easy to get to the transport network, shops and resteraunts all near by, nice large rooms, only vice is the cost of Internet €24 per day, hotel staff were great, buffet breakfast was normal for the region, would recommend you have the chef make you an omelet

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank josh040875
Makassar, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was stayin at this hotel during my stay of 3D2N@Berlin. I arrive at the hotel happily with the initial service, though i couldnt get into my room immediately, the stafff allow to put my luggage in storage room first. In the evening when i get back, another staffs shift has started, since i forget to ask in the morning, i ask the evening staff to check whether my bookings inclusive of breakfast; he confidently answered YES IT'S INCLUDED, pkease come down to the lobby every morning, to my surprise on the morning i want to check-out my bills shown 2pax bfast for 2days, though i complained about it they still wouldnt care. If i know its not included i wouldnt be having my breakfast in the hotel, so many options available around the place !!! I feel totally scammed about this, if not clear about my questions the staff should re-ask me again, dont just answered YES

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wilmslow, Cheshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed here for a business trip. The hotel is really nice, good quality rooms and really friendly staff. I didn't get to see much of the city due to work but the hotel is about 10 minute taxi ride (or 30 minute walk) to the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag building which are well worth a visit. I will definately go back to see more and I would have no hesitation in staying at the Golden Tulip Hotel Hamburg

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank guevara
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We (my husband, sister in law, mother in law and I) stayed at this wonderful hotel 27th - 30th September 2011.

Before writing about the hotel we would like to say a huge 'Thank You' to Sebastian who was on reception during our stay. He was was very helpful and welcoming to our family and made our stay extra special :o)

The Hotel is well located on a quiet street in the centre of the city close to shops, restaurants, public transport & attractions. There is a gym next door which residents can use. The hotel was very well presented and all areas had a relaxed high quality feel to the decor and layout.

The Hotel breakfast was impressive with plenty of choice and daily variations of hot and cold foods. It was easy to find a healthy option if we wanted. There were also a substantial range of teas and juices to choose from.

The purpose of our trip was my sister in-law's birthday. I e-mailed ahead to let the hotel know. On arrival Sebastian wished her a happy birthday and informed her that her room had been up-graded. My husband and I were also given a slight upgrade. Now that's what I call great customer service! Rooms were beautiful, modern and kept spotlessly clean. Hotel staff were helpful, approachable, friendly and polite. Even when I flooded the bathroom!

This hotel was chosen as an upgrade when our travel agent made a mistake with our original booking, so we did not pay full price. However I think it is well worth the list price. It turned out to be the best mistake made in our favour!

We couldn't fault our stay, it was amazing. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel.
Well Done Golden Tulip (Berlin) !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Maressa77
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights..15th-20th august in the Golden Tulip. What a find, excellent location, 30yds from 100 Bus which took you to Alexanderplatz .anor Tiergarten for connections to almost anywhere. and Wittenberger Platz and the UBahn literally a 10 minute walk.
So much for location .... The Hotel was definitely 4star The Buffet breakfast was excellent, hot or cold with a big variety of both. TheBeds were probably the most comfortasble we've had in a hotel for a long time..The whole place was spotlessly clean, quiet, decor classy, and polite and friendly staff always willing to be of assistance.
All in all an excellent hotel. If we go back to Berlin any time in the near future(we hope) this is the Hotel for us

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luckyLiverpool
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on August 30th for two nights with our 8 year old doughter.
This hotel is excellent in every way. Location is the best in Berlin because its close to everything , and also safe.Parking available at cost hotel provided, but also in the side streets.Restaurants within walking distance. Staff very polite and helpfull.Breakfast ...
perfect with great variety.Room was great and spacious and elegant. Stayed at the 718
upgraded from std room.If you travel by your car then this is the best choice.
Definitely would go back, and of course i will recommend it to my clients,since i am a travel agent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family