See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

Nice quiet place, not expensive, near underground
Breakfast is good, beds toilets room are ok
No room service available or receptionist after 1500hours
No cold air conditioning if the weather is hot, only small fan.
No fridge in the room.
Overall it was ok .. Not bad

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

I liked the hotel and thought that breakfast was very good. Don't let the location put you off, its not far out, train station nearby. Breakfast was buffet style and good. Rooms clean and tidy , good shower facilities

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2016

We walked into this hotel with no expectations, having chosen it entirely based on its location, after a booking error had us kicked out of the place we were staying a day earlier than we expected. Its location right at a subway station is extremely convenient. The room was nicer than we expected for the price we paid, with modern furnishings, adequate space, and rain-style shower. The elevator was a nice break from carrying our luggage up stairs at other inexpensive places we have stayed. The internet worked well and unlike some hotels a sign in our room told us which one of the several hotel networks to use so it was not hit-or-miss which one would be closest and work best. The breakfast buffet had a very wide variety of offerings, in a large room with a fireplace showing on the TV to add to the atmosphere. The style of the Christmas music (dentist office music) playing in the breakfast room was not to my liking, but I'm sure some people liked it. I read through some of the other reviews and many of the problems cited have been corrected in the meantime. There is now a small lobby area that I was invited to use while my husband went back for something. The shower had a curtain, although it was not quite long enough (about 1/4 inch off the ground) so there was still a a all problem with water running out, but not bad. The natural pulling in of the shower curtain while the shower is running made most of the water run off the shower curtain into the shower area. The two different people we encountered at the desk were friendly and helpful. We were told what time the outside door would be locked and that our room key would open it. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheap_traveler42
Reviewed September 21, 2015

This Hotel was perfect for me. I literally just stayed in this Hotel to sleep and shower everyday. So if this is what your intentions are visiting Berlin I suggest staying here, the facilities are basic, bed was a little uncomfortable but apart from that the room was clean, tidy, Television, large shower and Free Wifi all worked well :) The Breakfast which is also included with the room is good decent spread and with plenty of fresh rolls, fruit and snacks its not hard to make a small packed lunch for later in the day ;) Saving a few Euros. The location is fantastic probably the best part of the Hotel besides its relatively affordable price. It is located on the doorstep of the Wedding Train station and is only a short 15-20 minutes walk to the center of town. Only negative side of the place is the lack of service on the reception which is unmanned a lot of the time which is inconvenient although I did manage to lose my keys to my room and they were replaced for free even though there is supposed to be a charge so that was nice. Overall Good Affordable Comfort.

Room tip: If you happen to sleep in late make sure you lock the door, the cleaners sometimes burst in not knocking or anything first.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2015

On a visit to Berlin for yet another taekwondo competition we booked this "hotel" fairly late so it cost 99 Euro per night - really NOT worth that price.

The rooms are actually apartments in various blocks, some of which the "hotel" owns and some they don't. The biggest issue we had is that the "reception" is NOT open 24 hrs. This came as a big surprise for a 99 Euro per night hotel when NOTHING was stated about this on the hotels.com website where we booked and NOTHING was mentioned that I could see on the hotels own website!

On the first night around 8pm my daughter wanted to have a hot bath after lots of sightseeing to help her aching legs ready for competition the next day. It was only then we discovered no plug for the bath. So as you would I went to reception to ask for one - and was surprised to find it CLOSED with a telephone number to call. So I had to make an INTERNATIONAL call on my mobile phone at great expense to speak to reception. Forgetting this language difficulty getting the guy to understand what I meant by a plug for the bath, once he did all I got was "I will try to help you" and he hung up....almost AN HOUR later a very out of breath lady turned up at the 3rd floor apartment with a plug.

The following day we were off to the competition at the crack of dawn. Unfortunately due to a miscommunication with my daughter the apartment key was left in the apartment :( But ok, no problem I can go into reception when we return later in the day and get another or get them to let us in......ha! We returned at 5pm - I certainly would not call that LATE - and guess what .... "reception" was CLOSED!!!!! Long story short after more expensive phone calls and almost ANOTHER HOUR stood outside the same woman turned up to let us into the apartment.

NO apologies ensued from the "hotel". This is NOT service - certainly no where near what I expect for 99 Euro per night! I get better from £29 per night hotels!!!! As well as the expensive prices and disgusting "service" I am out of pocket for the mobile phone calls I had to make to get in contact with "reception".

In additional the "FREE wifi" did not work in our apartment for any of the stay - so something else they promise and don't provide.

Basically its clean and tidy but if you are likely to want any sort of "reception" service outside of 5pm to 8am - DO NOT STAY HERE because you WONT get it. VERY disappointed as this really spoiled our experience of Berlin. We really enjoyed our sightseeing and will visit Berlin again - but we will certainly NOT be staying at this place.

Room tip: Don't if you desire any level of service, stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: May 2015