“Inexpensive, fast seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Moabit
Neighbourhood: Moabit
Reviewed April 22, 2016

If you have an appetite and a bit of time to spare at the Central station, this place could be an option for you. We had a good fish soup and a shrimp salad for very little money. Beer and wine are also available. You order at the counter and wait for your number to be called.

Reviewed April 9, 2016

For price, convenience, quality, and consistency, Gosch Sylt is perfect for train travelers and commuters. I order Matjesbrötchen nearly every time I go there and have never been disappointed. The bread, fish, and onions are invariably fresh and tasty. Great snacks and a bargain!

Reviewed March 28, 2016

When in Hauptbahnhof, we like to drop by. Nice choice of sandwiches (also warm dishes, not tried yet), wit northsea shrimp, lovely eel, bismarck hering... great typical Berlin no nonsense staff, reasonably priced

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have had to wait for my delayed train on my last visit to Berlin. So I spend my time at Gosh with my colleague having fish meal and a glass of wine.

Not so good as the original Gosh in Sylt but always worth to visit

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I came here for breakfast on a saturday and a friendly lady took my orders, but my German wasnt very good, and neither was her English, then a man who was able to decent english took over from her appeared to understand whatever I said and took my orders - and subsequently got all my orders wrong! I did not get any of my orders.

Both my main courses were wrong (see paragraph below). My side dish was wrong as well (fried potatoes -> potato wedges [note: these are 2 different dishes and both were offered]). And, so was my drink (cafe au lait -> coffee). You pay first, then the receipt is printed and you get a number and you return to a table to sit, before someone delivers it over to your table.

The end result was still good as the dishes were fresh and tasty. The were not expensive for what you got. I received a pasta with prawn dish (did not order this), and a shrimp salad (i ordered crab meat salad). I liked what I ordered very much, and it gets a high quality rating for that.

However, a part of me still wishes I got what I ordered. And the mistakes made with the orders are inexcusable, since my party was the only group in the cafe!

I returned 2 days later in the morning at 6+ am (yep i was about to give it another try) before catching a train out of the city, but unfortunately it was not opened yet. So there ends this review. Quite promising in terms of food quality, but the servers must be more careful!

P.S.
The place was tastefully decorated with seafood related themes. This is a eatery within a food court (of which also has an "express" Burger King). TIP: It is not so easy to find the eatery itself if you are a distance away, or on another storey. It is partially facing the outside of a food court, but when you're looking for this place, you'll do better trying to locate the express Burger King first. Gosch Sylt is about 5m away from BKs ordering counter.

1  Thank cowfart