“I'd recommend not to stay in this place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel Pension Insor
Ranked #127 of 188 Berlin B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“I'd recommend not to stay in this place”
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We booked three nights at Insor through Hotels.com sending my creditcard info to Insor.

Since we missed the ferry from Denmark we were going to be arriving late in berlin, so we called Insor and told them this. They told us, that they would leave our key in the restaurant on the other side of the street. When we arrived to Berlin at 01:30 am, the restaurant was closed and so was Insot. We called the guy we talked to ealier, but he couldn't let us in since our key was in the restaurant. he told us to find another hotel for the night and come back the next day.

I called him the next day to cancel our room, since we where pretty unsatisfied with the service. He would not let us cancel and in the end he hung up on me. When I got home, the money for the stay had been withdrawn from my creditcard. Even though i never even got into the hotel.

Please note that they apparentley have a curfew, even if this was not noted on Hotels.com.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank larsefx

• Polish first
Moscow
Reviewed 26 April 2009

The management of the hotel does not give full information about the conditions in the hotel. For example they keep silent that rooms have no own bathroom. In really there is common bathroom for three rooms.
The place for breakfast is in the small lobby, between the door and porter bar. There is no kitchen at the hotel, and they offer just cold meal in the box. And these boxes were on the floor in the lobby.
Bed-clothes were very strange, almost doubtful. May be because of drying in the dark narrow corridor.
I think it should be more right to say that Insor is a hostel but not a hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I must say that I did NOT stay in this hotel, but here is my experience.

The website lists it as a HOTEL (not a hostel) and I was booking this for an elder couple. I made the reservation through the hotel website (which does not mention cancellation fees AT ALL, but I had found, through other hotel booking websites that the "hotel's cancellation policy" was that if you canceled up to 6 days before the travel, your cancellation was free of charge).

So, when I get the confirmation it turns out the room has no bathroom. So it's not quite a hotel but a hostel. As soon as I found out, I emailed them to please cancel the reservation (this all was at least 3 weeks before the actual planned travel). Not only they emailed me to tell me that I had to pay the full 4 nights stay (even though I was canceling way in advance), when I told them that according to other websites it said that it was free of charge, they threatened to contact their lawyers and told me that the cancellation policy was not valid when booking directly through the hotel (which really is poor -- so basically they can change their policies as they please).

It does have a good location, but I would rather stay in a place that doesn't threaten to call its lawyers when you cancel a reservation within the right period of time and also, a hotel that is true to its policies.

• Stayed May 2008