Melia Berlin
US$143
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
5,535 results
All reviewstapas barmelia hotellevel loungemuseum islandfriedrichstrasse stationgreat locationriver viewbrandenburg gatespree riverper daywithin walking distancepillow menuunter den lindenfree wifiexcellent hotelmajor sitesmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

A very good hotel in a great location - can't say more than that . Will stay there again.

I also stayed in the Radisson Blue - very nice also but for me not as good a location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Reception staff great, we arrived in berlin 6 hours before check in started, our bags were put in a left luggage room, perfect. When we got to our room it was great, comfortable, clean, lovely. Pillows a bit strange, they are big square, also we were in a queen sized bed but it had 2 single quilts on it again a bit strange but very comfortable. We Did not eat in the hotel but the bar is pleasant, very modern and slightly more expensive than the bars outside.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very happy with the hotel. Room very nice and clean and friendly staff. Did not have breakfast (very expensive, you can get nice and cheap breakfast two minutes away). Location excellent. Hard mattress. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Hotel location is great, right in the center of Berlin, within walking distance from all the main tourist attractions. Nice view of the river from the restaurant and tapas bar. I requested a quiet room, as always. We got room designed f overlooking the yard which was very quiet. Nice size, windows open all the way to let fresh air in. Bed was pretty comfortable. Feather pillows and down comforters. Breakfast is very good, lots of choices.

What I did not like that bed was 2 smaller beds put together and we had 2 super small comforters. I would have preferred 1 large one. We had 1 bathrobe for 2 people, which I thought was strange since we booked room for 2. Room had really funky smell, in fact not only the room, the same smell was in the restaurant as well. We were not able to air it out completely, but open windows helped allot. There were no bath tub, but the shower was large enough for 10 people, we realized that our room was designed for handicapped. Bedding was super clean and crisp, but strongly smelled of chlorine. One last thing, even though there is smoking indoors anywhere in Germany, Melia still has smoking rooms mixed with nonsmoking on the same floors. From time to time somebody would smoke on our floor or in the next room and I would smell the smoke quite often. When I brought it up at the reception I was told that people smoke in all the rooms and there is nothing they can do about it, not like they can check every single room in the hotel. I insisted they take care of it. I don’t know what they have done, but smoke had stopped.

Overall experience in Melia was as usual, pretty good!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We also booked at the Melia Hotel on the reviews on Tripadvisor of this hotel. We are glad that we did. When we booked in, we were upgraded to a room on the first floor on the corner of Friedrichstrasse and Am Weidendamm. We had a beautiful view over Friedrichstrasse as well as the Spree River. The Room was beautiful and the service was excellent. The breakfast was expensive, but excellent. We stayed there for 2 nights and my wife received a free bottle of champagne on the morning of her birthday. We will definitely stay over at the Melia again when we visit Berlin.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple