6,007 results
All reviews tapas bar melia hotel level room friedrichstrasse station museum island great location river view brandenburg gate spree river within walking distance per day pillow menu unter den linden free wifi excellent hotel mini bar major sites
Reviewed November 8, 2018

Husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and could not have picked a better hotel or location.Situated on the banks of the River Spree we were within walking distance of the major attractions.We also purchased a Welcome Card and did use the buses and trains which were easily accessed from our hotel.The staff were excellent and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a room on the Level which was well worth the extra.After a day of sightseeing the Lounge for the guests on the 7th floor was a relaxing and welcome experience and never too busy.Our room was clean and very comfortable with a balcony overlooking the river.We even enjoyed a river cruise from outside the hotel which was really enjoyable and relaxing.A nice security touch was that you could only use the lifts using your room card.If you are thinking of visiting Berlin then you could not pick a better hotel and we would certainly stay here again.

4  Thank Gill A
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Short holiday with a friend, location is great and staff are helpful. Would recommend to anyone that wants to see tourist attractions, all are within walking distance and there is a train station 30 seconds down the road.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location in the of Berlin.
Walking distance from Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, Museuminsel,...
Train, tram & underground stations nearby. Quite, clean rooms, excellent bed. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. A place to remember!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I decided to stay at the Melia Berlin on my second trip to Berlin (LOVE visiting Berlin!!) early in October 2018. I wanted to stay at a hotel very near an accessible train station on my second trip to Berlin. The Melia was a good choice. The Friedrichstrasse train station can be seen from the hotel and you can easily access via a subway station stairs just outside the hotel's main entrance.

I opted for the Level room and honestly the room was just average. The bath tub is VERY slippery SO BE VERY CAREFUL!! I fell in the tub. Luckily, I did not hit my head on the wall. But, please grab the available wall railing before stepping out of the tub.

The Level lounge is nice. I visited it once for happy hour drinks and had breakfasts there twice. I just felt like it was such an imposition in order to request an omelette at breakfast, but there were plenty to eat. Honestly, I had a better breakfast experience from the main restaurant on the ground floor. I did receive a WONDERFUL cappuccino macchiato twice at the Level lounge! The coffee was delicious in both the Level and the ground floor restaurant.

Wi-fi was good limited to three devices I think. Cannot comment about parking, since I use the train when visiting Berlin. The location and breakfast is a reason to try the hotel. Several restaurants in the area. Check out the Friedrichstadt-Palast theatre for an excellent performance barely a 10 - 15 minute walk from the hotel.

If you buy lots of souvenirs like I did on my last trip to Berlin, a taxi ride was only about 10 Euro to the Berlin Hbf. Next time I plan to travel more lightly, so I can just use one of the many trains to the Hbf.

Would I consider the Melia again? Perhaps... if no vacancy at the NH Collection hotel, which is very near as well. Hope this review helps.

Room tip: ask for a city or canal view my view was not so great.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank John H
Reviewed November 2, 2018

The hotel is ideally located to visit many popular neighborhoods and sites in central Berlin. The service was efficient and prompt. The rooms are small and no frills to speak of but if you are looking for a reputable hotel at a decent price, Melia Berlin will not disappoint you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family