“clean and cozy place to stay”
Review of Pension Peters

Pension Peters
Ranked #7 of 190 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very nice place, clean and cozy room. Good breakfasts. the location is also very nice. I would go back! The room (at least the one I had) was not too large and the bathroom was outside, but it was not at all a trouble for me... I guess it depends on the taste.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at Pension Peters for two nights on a work visit to Berlin. The location is excellent, you have plenty of public transport connections within 2-3-minute walking distance (S Savigny-Platz, the Zoo station, U Uhlandstrasse, Bus 109 from Tegel airport, etc.). My room was newly furnished, squeaky clean with high ceilings and large windows. I really like to regulate the temperature in my room (still quite a challenge in many hotels these days!), and this was no problem with the powerful central heating and windows that I could open easily.

Breakfast was more than I could have wished for with fresh coffee, an assortment of different teas, German bread buns, scrambled eggs, and muesli. The staff at Pension Peters were extremely friendly, introducing themselves in person and trying to anticipate my needs.

I thought it was excellent service, quality and value for the money. No, it's not a 5-star luxurious spa luxury temple, but (or rather because of that!) I would stay there any time again. I felt well-cared for.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank arthur_kipps
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights the first week of November. Finding Pension Peters was easy. They gave us easy directions and the S-Bahn station is close by. The building is old and has a lot of history. The rooms are tastefully done with a good amount of room. We had a balcony overlooking the street which we could still enjoy with the above average temps. The staff is first rate and give out a lot of information about the city and the neighborhood. This part of West Berlin looks a lot like Paris to us. The great transportation system made it easy to see all the sites. We found the room to be quiet(sturdy block walls,double pane windows) and comfortable. A nice experience overall.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank columbusJO
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We recently stayed at Pension Peters for 5 nights at end of October. We had a family room. The room was basic but very clean. Bathroom was clean. The Staff were very friendly. The location is very convenient-very close to Savigny S Bahn Station & lots of restaurants. Room comes with basic breakfast. We'll definetely stay in Pension Peters again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bellevue1
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in October, 2011. The staff was friendly, English-speaking, and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was no-frills, but we thought it was an excellent value and the pension met our expectations for this price range. There was no hairdryer in the bathroom, but we were loaned one from the front desk. The breakfast was typical continental-style. The pension is located a couple of blocks from the train station. There are several good neighborhood type restaurants within walking distance, our favorite was Dicky Wirten's for good, authentic German food. I would definitely stay at Pension Peters again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna9197
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Just returned from 4 nights at Pension Peters in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin. Overall it was an excellent experience. The staff of Pension Peters are uniformly helpful and friendly, they all speak English well or very well, and have useful suggestions for travellers and tourists. The hotel is well located, a 10 minute walk from Zoo Garden station, and on the M49 bus route. The immediate vicinity boasts a number of good restaurants and bars. Our family room for 3 persons was large, airy and light, with a lovely view over Savignyplatz. The bathroom is new, shower worked reasonably well and the supply of towels was good. Better still there was free WiFi that worked, and a generous breakfast included in the 85 euro/night price which set us up for thel day's touring. Our favourite nearby restaurants were Jules Verne and 'Dicke Wirtin,' a characterful German eatery with excellent food. The only downside was our mattress, which was tired and old. Perhaps they will have a new one for our next visit!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 107!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Old_Michael
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights, 17-21 Sept 2011 at a rate of EUR58 (single) per night incl b/f which I booked direct with the property. I was told I must be there by 8pm or collect my room key from the bar on the corner - I arrived at 7.35pm but the shop front Reception/breakfast area was already locked and I did get my key and printed instructions from the bar. That was OK. (Just dont try to enter via the shop front/breakfast room - your key wont let you in after hours - you need to enter via the residential door way)

To be 100% honest, I when I entered my room #110 at 7.40pm on Sat night I nearly burst into tears - I thought it was a dump. Patchy paint, patch floorboards - spartan decor - I cant even say it was like IKEA - less than that. I just wanted to cry. I did however have a long day - departing my hotel in Capri, Italy at 7am. In all honesty, I cursed my decision not to book at Hotel Pension Bregenz (where I had been in 2009 and it was beautiful for the money) in order to save EUR10-15 a night AND be closer to the Zoo bus/train station.

The next day I was determined to leave and go to Bregenz but I had a friendly welcome to the B&B by the lovely Reception lady (apologies I can't remember her name now), 3 cups of coffee, some lovely scrambled eggs, did some internet (on the the computer there) and felt better even though the breakfast room was absolute chaos at 0930 on a rainy Sunday - everyone in the B&B decided to sleep in and have breakfast in the last half hour that it was being served 9.30 to 10am (and I mean at least 25 people).

All in all, this place is OK if you book it understanding it is equal to a BACKPACKERS and no more. The location is EXCELLENT - very close to Ku'Damm and Zoo Station.

Would I stay again, no. I would pay more for more.

Note -

Within 100m you have 3 very good restaurants that I visited - Paris Bar (very very hip and cool crowd), Petrocellis (in Savignyplatz) very nice Italian dinner and coffee and Wiener Beisl, an Austrian restaurant that would even make my grandmother cry with delight at the perfect "Tafelspitz" at a very reasonable EUR16 for superb dinner + the red house wine was excellent.

Room Tip: Please understand this is equal to a BACKPACKERS and not a traditional pension or B&B.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo