“Excellent service”

Hotel & Hostel Friedrichshain
Ranked #433 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Travelling with my friend, we requested a twin room. The beds were together so we separated them & were thrilled when we got back from our day out that the staff had rearranged the furniture for us to have separate beds.
The room was very spacious, plenty of places to hang wading lines from too.
The breakfast was 5 euro extra but definitely worth it for the convenience & free wifi in the breakfast room.
There was a grocery store across the road, chemist next door and train/tram station within a few 100 metres.
Overall, great stay in a convenient location.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank ljae123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was a complete dump and the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. I stayed in the hotel, not the hostel. Unfortunately, the room I got stuck in stunk of urine so bad, I was gagging all night. There was a beer festival down the street, so I can only assume that the person who stayed there before me was so wasted that he decided it was too much trouble to urinate in the bathroom, so he instead pissed all over the bed and floor. Well, I hope he enjoyed himself, because the hotel was fully booked and I couldn't get another room and was thus forced to breathe in his disgusting fumes for 2 nights. Seriously, it is that hard to get up to pee? Anyway, the staff didn't speak a word of English either, which was not helpful in dealing with this or any other issue. Also, the bathroom had a lot of mold and the carpets in the entire suite were filthy and disgusting. One of my roommates down the hall spilled a bottle of coke on the carpet and we didn't bother to clean up because we thought it added to the decor quite nicely. DON'T stay here, there are plenty of other hostels to stay in Berlin, such as Wombat's.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank SoloTraveler7788

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and I really enjoyed it. The rooms were comfortable, I had a shared bathroom, but being in the spring there weren't many people there and I always had the bathroom to myself. It's very close to the train and a 15 minute walk to the Berlin Wall Memorial.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo