“Out of this world”

Teufelsberg Berlin Entrance Ticket
Ranked #129 of 1,007 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Teufelsberg ('Devils mountain') is a hill (120,1m) in the Grunewald Forest in Berlin and is made out of debris of World War II. During cold war a listening post which was used by NSA and GCHQ was built on top of the hill. Since 2011 Teufelsberg can be visited daily during guided walks and tours.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I've done a few too many city breaks recently, Berlin, Koppenhaggen, Stockholm all merging into one in my mind. So when a friend suggested I visit Teufelsberg, I was very glad to get out of the city and go for a walk in the woods.
I had no idea what to expect, I was literally told if love it and to just go and see for myself.
I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive at first because I had no idea what I was walking into, but I'm so very glad I left it all a surprise and didn't Google it on route.
It's the perfect way to keep up with the sightseeing, but gets you out into the fresh air.
The artwork is absolutely phenomenal. The skill and detail that's gone into every piece of work is amazing. All set on a tremendous "post apocalyptic" (words stolen from a friend) background.
It's a bit of a trek getting up the stairs to the top dome, but the view is more than worth it.
Tickets are 8€ a photo pass was 15€. Go for the pass, you'll want to take pictures of everything!

2  Thank Kjwhiskeyadventure
"wall paintings"
"interesting art"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Made a reservation for a tour of Teufelsberg for Feb 16. Less than two hours before the tour, the operator sent an email saying the the tour guide was sick and that the tour would be canceled. Sickness is understandable, not having a backup tour guide or giving such short notice is simply poor planning. The notice promised a prompt refund. Now, more than a month later, I am still waiting on my refund and have been forced to dispute the transaction with my credit card company & PayPal.

2  Thank dwoo2015
Reviewed March 12, 2018

I walked here from the train which I quite enjoyed (thank you, Google maps!) but is a little tricky to navigate (there are paths but no signs so you've GOT to paying attention to your map!) - about 30min or more. 8euro to get in and be able to wander around to your heart's content - WHAT a stunning array of graffiti! Just everywhere - big works, little repeating characters, statements, especially all over the walls on the way up to the towers. Do get up to the highest one, the echo chamber is epic! (It is mostly lit inside the stairwell but there is one section that isn't so it is helpful to have some kind of torch device). The view too is awesome (so make sure it's a clear day!) This was one of my favourite things to do in Berlin because it's a little different and there were very few people around when I went on a sunny but freezing winter's day. I recommend reading up on it before or after you go to help you understand the context (the mountain is built on rubble from Nazi buildings!! What!!) or there are tours that run on the weekend. The guy working the gate was very friendly to me when I finished wandering around.

2  Thank Lorange1
Reviewed March 7, 2018

Really sums up 'Berlin"! go here if street art and offbeat things attract you. you can easily spend half a day here. Make sure you go all the way to the top of the tower! Even better if you can blast some electronic music on your speakers..
Makes for great pictures and a very unique experience.