Open today: Closed

from US$115.30
from US$23.40
from US$52.90
More Info
All reviews street art cold war radar station echo room military base roam around wonderful street s bahn eerie place nice view of berlin wall paintings nice walk guided tour pay euros interesting art olympic stadium worth a trip
Reviewed March 25, 2018

Made a reservation for a tour of Teufelsberg for Feb 16. Less than two hours before the tour, the operator sent an email saying the the tour guide was sick and that the tour would be canceled. Sickness is understandable, not having a backup tour guide or giving such short notice is simply poor planning. The notice promised a prompt refund. Now, more than a month later, I am still waiting on my refund and have been forced to dispute the transaction with my credit card company & PayPal.

2  Thank dwoo2015
Reviewed March 12, 2018

I walked here from the train which I quite enjoyed (thank you, Google maps!) but is a little tricky to navigate (there are paths but no signs so you've GOT to paying attention to your map!) - about 30min or more. 8euro to get in and be able to wander around to your heart's content - WHAT a stunning array of graffiti! Just everywhere - big works, little repeating characters, statements, especially all over the walls on the way up to the towers. Do get up to the highest one, the echo chamber is epic! (It is mostly lit inside the stairwell but there is one section that isn't so it is helpful to have some kind of torch device). The view too is awesome (so make sure it's a clear day!) This was one of my favourite things to do in Berlin because it's a little different and there were very few people around when I went on a sunny but freezing winter's day. I recommend reading up on it before or after you go to help you understand the context (the mountain is built on rubble from Nazi buildings!! What!!) or there are tours that run on the weekend. The guy working the gate was very friendly to me when I finished wandering around.

2  Thank Lorange1
Reviewed March 7, 2018

Really sums up 'Berlin"! go here if street art and offbeat things attract you. you can easily spend half a day here. Make sure you go all the way to the top of the tower! Even better if you can blast some electronic music on your speakers..
Makes for great pictures and a very unique experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Located in a hill, walking about 15 min from train station, is a abandoned Cold War military base. Very interesting for who love the graffiti & street art

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Located up a hill in a forest, 30min drive from Berlin. Don't try going on foot unless you have plenty of time on your hands and the right shoes.

The woman at the entrance was quite rude to us as we were foreign. We didn't have cash but she said we could buy tickets online - but that she was busy and didn't have time to explain the procedure. I don't recommend doing this as the phone signal is very patchy. Bring cash! The woman then turned around and started chatting with some German visitors (not about the attraction) - um I thought you didn't have time?! So unprofessional. Also beware that if you happen to have a camera with you (that isn't a phone camera) you will be charged extra to be allowed to take photos. We paid €8 for an adult and €6 for a student. I believe if you have a camera it's around €15. A bit scammy.

That being said, this was one of the most interesting sites I have ever seen. The mix of history and street art is interesting. You can freely access everything you want to see.

Do not hesitate to go all the way on top inside the big white ball. The echos you can hear inside are unlike anything you will have ever experienced.

The view from the top is also quite unique - so worth it. It would have been nice to have more explanation of what everything was as there is just a small room with a few boards explaining the origin of the site. Maybe some tours are available but they weren't advertised when we arrived.

You should visit ASAP as I'm not sure this will stay open indefinitely. It is not very safe for children (zero security or supervision once you are inside, and up the top the barriers are definitely not child safe) and it doesn't appear that it is maintained by anyone. Not sure what the woman at the front is there for other than collecting money.

A weird but fascinating experience!

1  Thank zellega