“Surprising peach risotto!”

Ranked #179 of 10,916 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte (Borough)
Description: Zwischen Museumsinsel und lebendigem Galerie- und Modequartier liegen die Hackeschen Höfe mit einer interessanten Mischung Inhaber-geführter Läden, Manufakturen einem Kino und Varieté. Im Jugendstil-Hof bietet das mondäne Restaurant eine entspannte Atmosphäre im urbanen Getümmel. Die kreative, italienisch & französisch inspirierte Küche verarbeitet ausgesuchte frische Produkte, viele von regionalen Bio-Produzenten. Sie finden interessante Weine aus den wichtigen europäischen Anbaugebieten mit Schwerpunkt Deutschland, Frankreich, Italien und eine große Cocktail- und Spirituosenauswahl.
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Shopping in the hip and trendy Hackescher Markt area till late, I needed a place for a late lunch and came upon Oxymoron in one of the inter-linking courtyards. It had outdoor seating areas front and back, and an interior decorated with sofas and armchairs like a traditional manor salon. Initial impression of the place was a bit stand-offish as I went in, saw no one who seemed to direct me to a table, sat down myself and had a bit of trouble attracting a waiter's attention. Things improved a bit after I ordered but I would still say service is a bit stand-offish, maybe because I am a foreigner and do not speak English. Food though was good. I ordered a large milk coffee that was very good and pork with crunchy skin, Chinese gai lan vegetables on a bed of peach risotto. The pork skin was quite crunchy but the surprise was the peach risotto which was delicious in an unexpected way. You could definitely taste the peach flavour and yet it was also in a salty dish in the risotto, but it works nevertheless. Price is about average for the trendy cafes and restaurants of the area. A good resting shop during shopping.

Date of visit: August 2019

Reviewed August 6, 2019

We dined in the beautiful courtyard in front of the restaurant. Our server was a delightful young man. Friendly, attentive, but never overbearing. The food is fresh and innovative. We were particularly impressed with the variety of tastes blended into each plate. This is a wonderful way to spend an evening in Berlin.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank AZLuvTravel
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

I work in Berlin and frequent many restaurants, Oxymoron was new to me, but will now be top of my list. Service is excellent and the food is outstanding. So good I went here twice last week, once with my hubby when he came out to visit and again later in the week on my own. On both occasions the meals were delicious and the service perfect. I can’t recommend this restaurant highly enough

1  Thank JARM44
Restaurant O, Inhaber at Oxymoron, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Dear JARM44,
we were happy to read your compliments. Thank you very much. It gives a lot of power for the daily work!
Kind regards
Andreas Fichtner

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Exploring the charming Hackescher Hofe, we noticed this restaurant with a few unusual menu items, so promptly booked for dinner. The food was great and the service very friendly. We sat outside and watched the passing parade. We had coconut and sweet potato soup, then pot au feu (bit runnier than expected but good flavour) and a delicious peach risotto with all sorts of greens. They had a huge selection of wines, many available by the glass. Definitely a step up from some of the nearby places. We would have gone back again but it was our last night.

Reviewed July 27, 2019

lovely restaurant in a lovely place!
the food was amazing and full of variety (vegan option too!) and the staff was extremely kind.
the waiter that served us even spoke a bit of Italian which, for me, is even a plus.
blonde waiter I hope you got the tip we left on the table :)

1  Thank stellabartolini