All reviews the main train station the airport bus stop early train convenient location travelling by train excellent location no tea and coffee making facilities big shower perfect english reichstag building busy road easy access air con storage space clean rooms stayed at this hotel for nights comfortable bed
Reviewed December 15, 2015

After being denied access to the hotel I had booked into,I walked the streets in the rain and was so relieved to check in here,everything about it was great. Super modern and comfortable,I was sorry not to have spent the full weekend here,and not having to leave for food was such a bonus,the Italian pizza was delicious. The noon check out was so civilised too. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
ibis Hauptbahnh... B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2015

Dear ibis guest,

we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. The rooms are of a reasonable size, very comfortable, clean and quite. The hotel is well located opposite the train station and it is easy to get to all the tourists sites Berlin offers from here. The service is friendly and professional.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
ibis Hauptbahnh... B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2015

Reviewed December 8, 2015

My sister and i booked a room for two nights (20-22/11/2015) at Ibis Hauptbahnhof. Apparently a conflict with our debit card occured when a member of the hotel staff tried to check if the card was valid.However, i should mention at this point that we had booked the room since 9/10 and the hotel tried to check our card the same day of our arrival(20/11 !! around midnight!!), while we were on the plane!!! When we finally arrived at the hotel (around 02.00pm), the receptionist welcomed us in the most unacceptable behavior as if he was prejudiced with our reservation for no apparent reason. He explained the conflict that he had faced with our card (after we spent about 15' for him to accept that we had made a reservation at this hotel and when my sister showed him the confirmation email that she had received via Booking.com, written in Greek, he almost derided saying that he is not able to accept this confirmation since it is not written in a European language.I am not even getting started on making any comments about this kind of response.Such a shame for a professional that he was supposed to be, to treat tourists like this.)explainig us in a very aggressive way that he wasn't able to confirm the card (fair enough, our card was the problem indeed) so he had no choice but to cancel the reservation. We accepted the rule of the hotel that he needed to follow, we did NOT ask for any further explanation for not informing us much earlier than the same day (!!), we just waited to hear the alternatives that the hotel could offer us as since it was 02.00pm, (in the middle of the night!!) and we carried medication which needed to be stocked in the fridge immediately. The receptionist just kept on getting more and more aggressive, only reffering to the incident not trying at all to leave this behind and just try to be the less hospitable he could be and offer us another room (funny detail, he kept on telling my sister that he did nothing wrong, like we had to deal with an 8year old child..).When we finally we got him to tell us the availability of the rooms at that moment, he offered us a business room-as he said- for about 110euros(if recall well), while our first reservation was for 75euros.This is not so much of a problem, considering that we had lost our reservation but: This was NOT a business room! I have been lucky enough to have travel a lot in my life and have had the opportunity to have been accommodated in seriously expensive and well knowed hotels. l am sorry to inform you that this room could not be considered as a business room for 110euros per night. It was more than obvious that this person for no reason, did not want us to stay there!! His hysterical behavior is something that has never happened to me before. I would never recommend your hotel to anyone that i know, and believe me whenever i'm given the opportunity i wil always mention this shameless attitude of your employer.Unprofessionals.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank julie b
ibis Hauptbahnh... B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Dear Julie,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations - please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer - therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Our general terms & condition includes to check all reservations before arrival.
We need to verify all credit-cards - not just in your case.
Otherwise the reservation is not guarantee and we are forced to cancel the booking.

In your case the credit-card was not valid. After that we need to cancel your reservation.
Therefore it was not possible to offer you the early rate anymore which is much cheaper than our daily-date.

On the other hand we will sensitize our employees again that a warm welcome belongs to our hotel`s strategy.

Sincerely, Jens Pötschke

Reviewed December 4, 2015

Hotel Ibis was excellent for our long weekend in November. For 3 nights we found great value. The room was immaculate and the maids did a great job. We didn’t try the bar, but it did look enticing. If you are wanting a good value place to stay in the heart of Berlin, look no further.

Make sure you try the kebab stall just next to it!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ibis Hauptbahnh... B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Dear ibis guest,

it is such a pleasure to read your wonderful review of the ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

Your comments are much appreciated by our team.

We hope you will return to the ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof again when you visit Berlin so that we may share our service with you again once more.

Warm regards, Jens Pötschke, ibis Berlin Hauptbahnhof.

Reviewed December 1, 2015

In my opinion a very good location! Central station 300m away. Easy to get to any place in Berlin!
The hotel is new! Room enough roomy! Even the shower is quite large, can go along with the girlfriend :)))!
Good sound insulation, can not hear the noise from the street! From my window view - construction site!

What could have been improved:
In my opinion too low light in the bathroom.
Toilet paper located under the sink - an unusual place :)
Breakfast cost 11 eur - food choice at that price could be higher, although the food quality is good.

I would definitely recommend to other travelers