1,996 results
All reviews central station rooftop bar construction site modern hotel berlin hbf comfort room blackout curtains air con txl bus brandenburg gate mini bar minute walk perfect location coffee machine breakfast included tram stop public transport
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing from the very first moment we got there. It was booked as a surprise so I was unaware of anything. I was extremely pleased with the helpfulness of the service at the main desk. The staff at the bistro were extremely polite and funny. The staff made the atmosphere in that restaurant which was very pleasure. The food was beautiful but if you are on a budget I wouldn't recommend it. We didn't think it was too bad (3 course mean with two drinks came up to €110 roughly) which is pretty reasonable for Berlin prices.
The rooms were clean and very highly maintained.
We has breakfast included (which I would highly recommend) as it has something for everything. It is a continental breakfast with a variety of coffees teas and other soft drinks.
Overall, I would 1000% recommend this hotel and we will move than likely be coming back.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tabea R, Front Office Manager at Hotel AMANO Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hello Jetsetter0642
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions with us.
Especially your comments on our service and the breakfast were a great compliment.
I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon again.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was perfect. It is conveniently located directly across the street from the main train station. However, there isn't much to see or do in the area around the hotel itself. The staff were all very helpful and attentive and polite. The rooms were clean and modern. The only unusual feature was that the shower/washroom was all glass so there wasn't much privacy. You can open the closet to partially cover the washroom/shower but it is an unusual design. Overall, a great hotel and good value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Solo Man S
Thank you very much for your great Review.
We are happy that you felt comfortable treated during your whole stay.
With regard of your room type, we have also rooms with a separate bathroom available for your next stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Berlin in the very near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Check in- we travelled here for a weekend 23/2/18-25/2/18
We checked in and it all seemed ok, but the lady at the check in said we had to wait a little as the room wasn't ready and told us to wait and she will let us know when we could go up. Mind you we had completed all the check in service.
two hours went by and I decided to go to the desk and get an update at which point the same lady that checked us in raised her hand up and rudely spoke to me and said 'wait, what do you want!' I reminded her we are waiting to be told when our room would be ready to which she replied we had to check in first. At which point I wasn't;r happy at her rudeness and lack of customer service. I reminded her that we were waiting on her... she didn't even apologise when she realised her mistake and only said 'yes, go up'. I found the whole check in process highly unwelcoming!!

Also when asking about what times certain places were open or what could we do etc whilst staying in berlin, one of the men behind the counter just replied ! oh, I don't know" That was his answer for everything , even what time does breakfast start he replied I do not know! It was appalling the lack of customer service we received. Also one night we asked for room service and fair enough this hotel said they did not have room service. So we wanted to use the mini bar and all the drinks needed a bottle opener to open them. Asked reception for one and they TOLD US COME AND GET IT YOURSELF FROM THE BAR!! They were extremely rude!!! I have never experienced this level of rudeness.

The location of this hotel is good as it has the grand central station opposite it but right next door is IBIS hotel and I am sure they will not be rude so STAY THERE NOT AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank SebinaB

Dear Sebina B
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your honest words as well as thank you for your stay at AMANO Grand Central. We take constructive criticism very seriously. It helps us to work on constant improvements and quick remedy of issues.
We are very sorry, that you have had negative experiences especially concerning our front desk team and service during your stay. I can assure you, that all the references you have mentioned have already been discussed with the department and the relevant employees have been informed and trained accordingly. I am fully support your opinion - there are simple things that are not allowed hopefully to happen never again. I would like to apologize for unpleasant stay. We will be more than happy if you give us, the AMANO Grand Central Team, another chance.
J. Brinkmann - Dirctor of Housekeeping & Engineering

Reviewed February 25, 2018

I have mixed thoughts about this hotel

Pros:
- amazing location
- modern hotel, nice bar, lobby and restaurant downstairs
- weight-room
- good front desk service, cleaning is great
- great blackout blinds, and nice balcony door to let in air from courtyard

Cons:
- pillows aren't comfortable, fluffy but don't have any hold so you sink in.
- washroom layout is not pragmatic. The tub is quite high, the half glass door doesn't stop all water from going out on the other side when showering, and no hooks on the bathroom door to put your clothing
- cleaning service was good, but they didn't take plastic bottles for a week for some odd reason
- the Expedia rate was better than the group booking rate; this makes no sense
- the bed for 2 people is only 3 inches away! I prefer more space from my roomate, like 2-3 feet. Overall, rooms are small

Overall, great location, but I would investigate other options before booking here again. I'd prefer more value, or more practically from a "modern" hotel. Nice aesthetics, but not practical.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Cowboy_Buddha
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We regret that the room was not what you expected and that you were not completely satisfied with the amenities of the room.
We use your honest words as an opportunity to continue to train our employees according to our quality standards.
Wish you all the best and hope to see you soon

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Nice central hotel staff very friendly and very efficient can't do enough for you a modern contemporary hotel rooms the only down side was the pillows wasn't good quality to achieve a good night's sleep and the breakfast was a bit pricey €15 each

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello mandyharvey1924
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions with us.
We are happy that you felt comfortable treated during your whole stay.
We would like to convince you that you can feel at ease with us and hope for a reunion in Berlin.
J. Brinkman - Director of Housekeeping & Engineering