“U inn Berlin”

Ranked #61 of 350 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Melbourne, Australia
“U inn Berlin”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I had to join Trip Advisor to vote for this place because I felt like it was so deserving! We only booked a room for two people but my boyfriend decided to join us at the last minute and the staff were easily able to get him a room for 5 days. The hostel was bright and clean, the staff were absolutely brilliant in giving us advice on where to eat, go out, do touristy stuff etc. We were really close to the city and did a lot of traveling across Berlin during our stay, we actually spent a couple of night sjust hanging out at the hostel because the vibe there was so chilled and the other people staying there were lovely. If I go back to Berlin I'll definitely stay there again. By far my best hostel experience.

Room Tip: This place seems to get booked out quick so I would book online (we did this and just gave a $30 dep...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Really nice hostel- great location a few minutes walk from u/s bahn station- easy to find and on a safe street. Extremely clean and homely. Stayed in the 8 bed dorm and there wasn't loads of space but it was fine- we pretty much only slept in the room- the communal areas were nice and there's a small bar with pool tables next door. Is not a party hostel so you can get a good night's sleep whilst is is near berlin's clubbing district. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by my stay at U Inn!! When I arrived at the hostel after an overnight flight, I didn't have much of a plan beyond a shower. After a long chat with the front desk, I was full of fun ideas for the next week of my stay!! I washed up in the clean bathrooms and jumped immediately into town!!

From beginning to end, the staff was super friendly and helpful with anything I needed-- from extra adapters to directions to restaurant recommendations. Plus, there was such a great community vibe among all the visitors. The kitchen was busy with people cooking, playing cards, sipping tea and exchanging adventures from the day. I felt very fortunate to have found such a safe, clean and cool scene!

The location was also near a metro stop and a good launching point for lots of tourist hot spots!! I highly recommend checking this hostel out if you are looking for a low key place to stay with a great vibe!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hostel has everything you could want- lounge, well equipped kitched, friendly staff, good sized, airy rooms and everything in good working order.

It's extremely easy to get around from, and very close to the centre.

I am staying in a single roomas it was the last available bed. I have to go throu the 6 bed dorm to get there, which is a bit wierd, but otherwise it is excellent. Breakfast is pretty limited but at €2, who's counting?

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Having seen the 6 bed and single rooms, both are excellent, so if you dont mind sharing, I'd rec...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Oegstgeest
Reviewed 20 February 2012

U inn is an outstanding small hostel with a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Both our room and the bathrooms were very clean and the shower was excellent.

U inn hostel is very small -only two floors- and located near the Samariterstraße U-Bahn station.

Room Tip: Be sure to arrive before 1 am (or call the hostel if you might not make it before that time). U inn...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bruxelles, Belgique
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I spent only one night at U Inn Berlin and was alone in the dorm so I didn't really meet anyone there. It was rather quiet at night, which I enjoyed a lot. Good sleep.

The hostel was easy to find, close to a metro stop and a big avenue with all kinds of shops one can need.

The place in itself was clean, spacious enough, the common room was enjoyable and clean. Bathroom was not private but it was fine as the hostel didn't seem crowded at all.
Good rates too, except I didn't like their extra tax thing, though it wasn't high.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Room and kitchen are clean. Bathroom is not that clean but it's ok. There were no curtains on the windows, so you wake up with the sun on your face. Reception was ok. There were 2 computers with internet to be used by the guests. Nice common room with tv, music and books about travels.
It's very far away from the city and after a while it's a bit annoying having to change stations in the subway to get there. But it's an interesting neighborhood. Lots of restaurants, bars and alternative shops.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends