“You get what you pay for and even more!!!”

U Inn Berlin Hostel
U Inn Berlin Hostel
Ranked #61 of 351 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
“You get what you pay for and even more!!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Overall I had a great stay at the U inn, the 8-bed dorm was clean and spacious (only problem is that there are not a lot of power outlets for charging your phone and are not that many bathrooms), the kitchen was one of the best equipped hostel kitchens I've seen and also very clean. The location is super if you like to get out of the most touristy parts of the city but still be close to bars, supermarkets and the U-Bahn.

The best thing was the vibe of the place, the other super friendly guests (who even cooked for me!) and the staff. Unfortunately I had my camera stolen from my locker by another guest staying in the same room, but the staff was really helpful and engaged themselves in finding out who it was, showing me how I could report it to the police and eventually the guy was caught!

• Stayed October 2016, travelled solo
1 Thank Lina R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

This hostel was perfect for our short stay in Berlin. It is in a great neighborhood with a lot of pubs and restaurants. It is very clean and the staff is very good and welcoming. The kitchen is very modern, everything works. The best part are the people staying there. You can meet anyone, from Hong Kong, Spain, Canada, America, etc., thats why this place is so special. I definitely recommend it.

Stayed September 2016, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stayed in an 8 person dorm and it was pretty spacious and clean. There was a kitchen which had some free food in it if people left some, but you had to pay 4 euros or so for breakfast. Lots of places to get food nearby as well though. The lounge had some handy books and also games and computers. It was a positive experience but nothing out of this world.

• Stayed September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights, and it was an enjoyable experience overall. My greatest compliment would be that the English guy at the front desk was friendly, engaging, and funny. Good chap, 10/10, made the whole experience just that much more comfortable as a person travelling alone in Berlin. My man deserves a raise!

• Stayed July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Having just spent 6 nights at the U Inn, I'm pleased to say that I had an enjoyable time and had an excellent introduction to Berlin. Friendly staff who were always able to offer useful advice about places to go and things to do. There good transport links nearby which means good access to the city using the city's excellent transport infrastructure.

I stayed in a private room but it was next to a dorm so for others wanting complete peace, this may put you off if next door to a noisy group. The bedding was adequate but after spending a day journeying around the capital, all you need is a bed top out your head down on. I got breakfast each day in the kitchen where it was a good place to chat with other travellers but milk can run out if a couple of people get cereal (more might be supplied when it's finished, I don't know). When I discovered that I'd booked one day too short before my flight, although my room was already booked as soon as I left, the guy at reception was quick to phone another nearby hostel to see if they had space (because of a festival in the city) and was offering advice about what I should do. Pretty good value and I'd stay here again if I returned to Berlin.

Stayed September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Good hostel. Comfortable beds. Nice and clean facilities. Only the breakfast is quit expensive. You can better visit the local bakery for a proper breakfast. And the common room is pretty small. So when you travel solo I would suggest an other place. When you stay in this hostel you have to visit the pub next door. It's like table soccer heaven. And they play all the time some kind hard rock music with screaming guys. That was a unique experience for me.

Stayed August 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Overall, this was one of the lower quality hostels I've been to. I imagine you can find better value within Berlin. The hostel felt overrated based on various website reviews.

Pros-
Staff was very friendly

Cons-

- Location a bit far from the city centre (can't walk, need to take subway/train)
- No air conditioning, can get fairly hot in the summer
- Not enough toilets, and they were constantly clogging
- The common room was awkwardly located in the kitchen. Was loud for rooms close by.

Stayed July 2016, travelled with friends