See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2017

It's a good value for money place, but don't expect anything too fancy.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Everybody speaks sufficient English what's really helpful when you didn't get a chance to master your German! ;)

The hotel is in a nice and quiet area. Just a few minutes walk from the underground station. There's quite a few bars and restaurants around as well.

The room was clean and generally ok. My only problem was that the duvet was just too small and too thin. Also the pillow... well, those things could improve. After all this is all about getting a good night sleep, isn't it?

A bit of a problem was the smell of cigarettes. You could see the non-smoking sign everywhere, but for some reason I could smell the cigarettes everywhere as well! The staff didn't seem to do anything about it.

On the plus side I have to mention there was a really good shower. Powerful and hot.

The breakfast is served from 6.30am (not included) and you can get pretty much everything you normally have.

I could recommend this place, but please be aware of those few things I've mentioned.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

While I appreciate all that is usually said in terms of budget hotels, this hotel has a certain Berlin-style charm in terms of the building itself, rooms are clean and bright while the wifi signal fits the bill (unlike more expensive Hotels I have stayed in). All-in-all, it represents very good value for money and I certainly would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Haubach is a good budget place to stay in Berlin. I guess it used to be a block of flats which the owners could not remodel properly as all the rooms have a big - and completely empty - kitchen, while the bathroom is so small I felt to be on a spaceship. Everything is really clean however and the breakfast also has wide variety. Public transport is close, so access to the center is easy. If you do not ask for more from a hotel than to provide decent shelter for the night, this is a great place to stay. No regrets at all!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2016

A previous reviewer called this hotel "Fawlty Towers." This is unfair. The Pension Haubach hotel is nothing fancy, but is only 55 Euros in a good location along a quiet street. The Richard Wagner metro stop (U7) is a few minute's walk and there is a bus stop at the end of the street with buses to Tegel airport every 10 minutes. There is a very good and inexpensive bakery on the corner and a good microbrewery and other restaurants nearby. This was our last stop of a 2 week tour through Budapest, Slovakia, and Vienna, with all hotels being much more expensive, but this was the only place we stayed at with a true queen sized mattress, instead of 2 twins pushed together. The TV, while small, includes English language channels (BBC and CNN). The bathroom was tiny, but had good hot water. It was not fancy, but perfectly fine for a night passing through. We had no complaints.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

I arrived 1 hour late, the time I said when I booked on booking.com, and they cancelled me the book. I paid 70€ 1 night. This is a pension not and hotel. Afterthat I check the room, no heater, windows opened, no one closed the windows. Outside it was cold and 11 degrees. I asked for fix the heater and theJa recepcionist told me 1h come the master. He didn't arrive after 2 hours waiting him. After 2hours I came to spoke with someone, I had to punch the recepcion door because of no one wasn't there, I waited for them 5 minuts. She told me the master doesn't come and she hasn't no solution for me. She didn't do anything for solve or fix it.
Vaig arribar una hora tard i ja m'havien cancel•lat la reserva, la visita guiada que tenia havia acabat tard, vaig entrar a l'hotel vaig pagar 70€, pensava que l'habitacio estaria pero on havia pagat pero no era aixi vaig haver de sortir de l'hotel i entrar per un pati amb una plaça que esta fet una merda i pujar per un asxensor que feia temps que no revisaven. Arribo a l'habitacio i vaig encendre la calefaccio i no anava vaig anar a demanar explicacions i em van dir que vindria el master en una hora van passar 2 hores i no va arribar vaog baixar a recepcio i vaig haver de trucar a la porta i esperar 5 min pq la recepcionista vingues despres d'aixo li vaig dir que havia passat i no sabia que dir-me ni intentar arreglar la situacio ni trobar una solucio vaig dormir amb fred com si fossin 30anys endarrera.
Llegue una hora tarde pk la visita guiada acabo tarde me cancelaron la reseva, paqur 70€ entre y ventanas abiertas y sim calefaccion fui a pedir explicaciones me dijeron quw en una hora llegaba el responsable no fue asi al cabo de 2 h pedi explifaciones , nada de nada, dormi son calefaccion

Date of stay: October 2016