“Great burgers”

Price range: US$5 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Amazing chilli cheese fries and great burger selection

Get a beer at the späti in the Ubahn station before you queue to order :)

Write a ReviewReviews (4,211)

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

First off, the burgers here deserve all the acclaim they have on here. The veggie burger was one of the best I’ve ever eaten, and the kids really enjoyed their hamburgers. However, and this is a major however, the place (I’m afraid I can’t call it a restaurant) is situated in a converted public bathroom under the subway with busy roads either side. There are a few converted bike racks and (dirty) tables around the place but nowhere near enough for the long queues. The park across the road is far from an ideal place as well to eat; there are empty (vodka and beer) bottles and trash all over it. If a bit of money were invested by the local administration to clean up the park and put some tables and chairs there, this would be an excellent place to eat.

Finally they only take cash, but there is an ATM across the road

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Located in a former bathroom and cash only, this certainly is a fun place to visit. The burger is well constructed but lacks individuality and is not perfect in any way. Worth a visit but not a destination.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

This is my 2nd trip to Burgermeister and it's still just as amazing. We visited on a wednesday at around 12.30pm- it was completely empty so I recommend coming at this time.
The food took 15 mins to arrive but was extremely fresh so I don't mind the wait. The veggi burger is really tasty and looks like real meat- I had to ask my boyfriend to taste it as I thought they had mistakenly given me meat by mistake. The staff are friendly and speak good English if you need it. The BBQ burger was also really well cooked but there is mayo in it (I think all the burgers do), we wished we had asked afterwards so I thought it was helpful to let you know.
The cheese fries are incredible, the cheese is delicious and you get a good cheese-fries ratio. The fries are crispy outside and fluffy inside.
I love the atmosphere here, it's such a cool place to visit (and is well placed for the east side gallery so you can kill two birds with one stone).
We loved it so much we visited again at Saturday lunch time but the queue was HUGE. We waited around 20 minutes and the queue barely moved so we didn't hang around. I definitely recommend going earlier in the day if possible but if you do have to wait- the food will be worth it!

Reviewed April 11, 2018

We were given a recommendation to visit here by my auntie, we were warned there was a long wait as it was so popular. You can see it as soon as you get out of the train station, we were queuing about 40 minutes just to get into the place and once we had ordered another 15 minutes or so for our order to be ready. They use a ticket system with a number which flashes up when your order is ready. We ordered normal chips but they came with cheese on which was the best mistake ever as it was delicious. The burger was nice but I much preferred the cheesy chips in my personal opinion. Worth a visit but not if you're in a rush.