Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
Expedia.comUS$100
PricelineUS$109
eDreamsUS$109
All reviews metro station nice hotel visit hamburg up to date buffet breakfast hamburger hotel staff top floor zoological proximity supermarket bakery euros stylish
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2020 via mobile

staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice! We were in Africa . Breakfast perfect! The hotel is beautiful !
it's quiet, right at the animal park. Restaurant and Bar nice. We will be back soon

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christine Kestner, Sonstige at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2020

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your great evaluation. It's good to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hope to see you soon! The Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck Team

Reviewed December 11, 2019

Nice hotel, excellent stuff, good and hefty breakfast. For only 25 euros excellent lunch. I only had a problem with finding a good pillow, but that is me...
Up to date reconstructed hotel, with Interesting motives for different parts of the hotell: Africa, Asia...
All in all, great!

Room tip: I wouldn't know. It is quiet... It is Hamburg, north Germany...
2  Thank MilanS535
hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Dear guest, we are pleased to hear that you liked our hotel so much. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon at the Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck. Best regards Karsten Pache und Team

Reviewed December 9, 2019

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but i must say in recent months the room conditions have deteriorated and as has the service, I never reviewed the hotel as I thought all hotels have their bad days but my recent stay really frustrated me hence I will now take the opportunity to summarise it:
One stay, I was allocated a room on the top floor which was very nice but to then find the Velux blinds would not close meant i was woken up super early. I mentioned this during check-out which was acknowledged but nothing was subsidised in the room rate to compensate.
Another visit to Hamburg I booked for 2 nights, I was allocated a room with a bath where the water would not drain away, I asked them to look into this and nothing was resolved as the problem occurred the following night too.
Another visit, I ate at the restaurant and requested a chicken salad, the chicken was raw!! They didn’t charge me for the meal but charged me for the alternative meal I requested. Generally common curtesy is not to charge for the main meal after the hotel has served raw food.
Finally my latest stay, I checked in late and they gave me a smoker’s room! I rang reception immediately to request another room but they claimed they were fully booked and they do not have smoker rooms in the hotel. The smell was so far penetrated into the room that clearly someone smokes there regularly. The kind gentleman at the reception did come to spray the room in the hope that it would help but the smell was so strong that even with windows left open I found it very difficult to sleep and the smell lingered in my hair and clothes the following day. It is a horrid feeling for a non-smoker. I complained at the reception and the receptionist said she will speak to the manager, she didn’t request payment at the time but only to call my office an hour later to say I have to pay regardless.
So as a final note, rooms need upgrading, food service and quality needs significant improvement and accountability and response to customer complaints should be better handled and compensated. Especially for customers who give regular business.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 527sangv
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to describe your impressions of your stay in our house.
Please be assured that we always strive to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible and pass on any defect to our technician.
Of course, we have noted in your profile that you always prefer a non-smoking room.

I am happy to assure you that complaint management is of high importance in our company and that we pass on any comments from guests, whether positive or negative, internally and initiate appropriate measures. The honest feedback from our guests gives us the opportunity to continuously improve our service in order to be able to fully satisfy you.
Best regards, Karsten Pache & team

Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Imaginatively created rooms which were spacious, and easy enough access into town. There was a convenient bakery and supermarket adjacent to the U-barn station convenient for breakfast and snacks as we did not have breakfast included at the hotel. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The main downside for us was the overpriced restaurant with passable food; we had a meal there after just arriving before we discovered the supermarket and bakery.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siew T
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Dear guest, thank you for your positive comment. We are looking forward to seeing you back soon at the Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck. Best regards, Karsten Pache & team

Reviewed November 25, 2019

I had problem with Taxi driver from Airport to hotel. He did not accept credit card. But I did not had any cash. Arrived to hotel I told my concern that I can't pay to driver and hotel staff gave me money, which was added to my room imnvoice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2019

Dear guest, thank you very much for your positive comment. We are glad that we could help you with the taxi payment. We are looking forward to seeing you back soon at the Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck. Best regards, Karsten Pache & Team