“Double charged”

Price range: US$57 - US$114
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A carnivore's heaven. The menu: clearly structured, but complete. The best steaks, with classic side dishes such as creamed spinach and corn on the cob, preceded by prawn cocktails and succeeded by cheesecake - what more could you ask for? Great staff with flair who are skilled at what they do? No problem. A corresponding wine from Africa, or maybe from France? Of course. And great surroundings? You bet. There is minimalist decor: a log fire, wood tables, candles, warm colours on the walls, a few pictures.
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Unfortunately we had an awful experience with the Butcher's American Steakhouse. Having paid for the meal my colleague and I were both subsequently charged and additional and unrelated fee on our credit cards. The fee taken has not been returned after multiple ignored emails and has now been reported to the Fraud teams at the respective credit card companies. Beware.

3  Thank JoshBreck

Reviewed October 31, 2016

One of the best steak house in Hamburg,meat is good and cooked perfectly,side dish's are great, service I casual but attentive,wide rang of good wine.

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Very Cousy atmosphere, great service. Very friendly service. Good steaks, nice appetizers. Portions are quite big though, never could try desert, after starter and main dish no space left for anything else

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

I booked a table for me and my girlfriend on a Saturday night. When we arrived we were told to take seat at a table that was still not prepared nor cleaned. A member of the personnel then came and started preparing the table which was still dirty. Upon our request he then quickly passed a wet cloth and prepared it without even allowing for it to dry. Besides that he didn't put all the silverware and put the water glasses on the side of dishes: a table layout maybe good for an office canteen but not for a restaurant of this level and price. Not happy with this, when I asked him if he could speak in English because I don't speak German, he replied saying that this was my problem. A joke he was the only one to find funny. Apart from this the food was OK but nothing extraordinary while the wine list overpriced. If you have in mind a classic high end American style steak house and the service you can find in such places, here they are light years far. No real intention to visit them again.

Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

This was my 3rd time to Butchers steakhouse where the beef is good and the service and the quality is really good too. The starters are astonning, so next time I will have more starters and maybe a smaller steak. I would have given 4,5 but decided on 5 since the service were fantastic, as we were the last couple there. They should send their knifes to be sharpened, but I do not know if they have someone like H.W.Larsen in Hamburg. ......