Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$107
Expedia.comUS$107
eDreamsUS$107
PricelineUS$107
CheapTicketsUS$107
Agoda.comUS$107
All reviews city center is minutes train stop rooms are modern yogurt alster lake excellent hotel bio
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

This hotel is very cosy - especially the bar / lobby area is splendid. It's nice to have a beer there. Rooms are also of good quality - well isolated windows, well working air conditioning. Nothing worn out. Breakfast was also good - not splendid as there were no warm dishes. But a plus to bio quality. Garage available and very safe one. Price quality ratio excellent. Will come back some day.

Room tip: More likely all rooms are just fine.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in a motel one in Berlin and decided to try the main in Hamburg, and we where glad we did. Excellent location with the underground just outside. As always excellent service in the hotel and excellent rooms with all the required amenities. Great value for money and we will stay with them again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GarethSW
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

This place is a typical Motel One: modern, reasonably equipped, absolutely clean, with kind staff, nice lobby/breakfast area which unfortunately doesn't fit all the guests interested in breakfast in peak periods. But it's cozy refuge for the good night drink. And breakfast problem is easily solvable: a good bakery, open 7 days a week is just across the street.
The location is very good for many activities, one U-Bahn stop from the main railway station, close to Alster.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2019

A simple hotel but it does its job well and I give it 5 / 5 on that basis.

location
- 1 km from Hauptbahnhof central station
- subway stop right in front of the hotel
- 15 minutes to city center
- good restaurants ten minutes away by foot

price
- as a walk-in who just got off the train, I tried many hotels between Hauptbahnhof and Motel One and found them more expensive but they did not look any nicer and were in an edgier area than the pleasant neighbourhood Motel One is in.

staff
- friendly and genuine
- went out of their way to help with advice and research
- brisk and efficient
- almost all were fluent in English

room
- small but not cramped
- clean
- bathroom well designed
- but no phone or safe -- (the front desk will store valuables)

other
- bike rental
- breakfast is extra and at 11.50 Euros is not really cheap but you have few alternatives and I think you get value for the price - it is less than a bacon and eggs BF but a lot more than a mere continental - served from 6am, gets crowded after 7am

The hotel feels brand new and was clearly well thought out when it comes to use of space and flow through. Between the design of the building and the personality of the staff there is something I cannot put a finger on here but which I genuinely liked as a home away from home. This "something" was part of why I stayed in Hamburg much longer than I had planned to.

Room tip: A higher room will give a view of Hamburg's skyline
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TomFromVancouver
Reviewed June 24, 2019

Stayed here for three nights 2nd to 4th June 20`9. On the positive side this a modern hotel with with cosy bar and restaurant - the reception area is large and welcoming. The rooms were a bit on the small size but functional enough for a reasonably comfortable stay for a business budget facility of this kind. There were no phones in the room which is a bit of a let down. The breakfast consisted of a wide range of cereals, cold cuts, fruit, hot and cold drinks - No fry ups on the menu if you are looking for a continental breakfast. I would have had a seamless stay here were it not to have been a horrible experience i had occasioned on me by one of the staff at the reception. The check in was ok, or so i thought only to be told a day later that the person that checked me in did not for some reason process payment from my card - this i didnt should have been a major issue given that the hotel had my card details anyway as I had provided these at the time of booking - in fact i was informed by the booking agency that a week prior to my arrival the card would even be charged for one nights stay. On the night before my departure i actually approached the reception to clear my bills but the chap at the desk seemed to have a communication problem, so i said to him i would deal with it in the morning. I get a knock about 6.am of the third day from the same chap i spoke to about my bills the previous night asking to go down to the reception to sort out my payments, hardly 5 minutes later before i could freshen up i get another knock more like a thump from different hotel staff who had initially informed me about the anormally - this chap whom i later got to know goes by the name Muhammed insists on waiting outside my door in order to physically lead me to the reception to pay up. I was treated like a low life criminal likely to escape from the premises without payment!! Never in the many years I have traveled around the globe and lodged at a variety of hotels (some a few notches higher) have I been treated so badly!! This must never happen to anybody; One would expect alot better from a facility like Motel One. The hospitality industry is not cut out for those unschooled in basic human civil conduct. I wouldnt stay here again!!

Date of stay: June 2019