eDreams
Prestigia.com
Hurb
Trip.com
1,354 results
All reviews the club lounge nice hotel minute walk lake alster quiet area an upgrade reception staff breakfast was excellent public transport uhlandstrasse city station euros atrium germany slippers wardrobe
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2020

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times and was always very happy with the quality of service.

However I booked a 3 night stay for May 2020, which I then cancelled in April after learning that the hotel was closed due to the Covid-19 restrictions.

Still waiting for a refund some 4 months later, although on the IHG website it specified refunds would take a maximum of 90 days from date of cancelation, yet
all I'm receiving is apologies from the hotel for the length of time it is taking them to process the refund.

Very disappointed that this Crowne Plaza hotel is not living up to the IHG reputation for good ethical behaviour or demonstrating "Die feine hanseatische Art"....

When comparing that to a non IHG hotel that I booked a stay with in Cyprus for June, which regrettably also had to be cancelled due to Covid -19 travel restrictions, where I received my refund within 2 weeks of cancelation, I now know which establishment deserves my respect and loyalty...

Date of stay: May 2020
Hannes Dreher, Inhaber at Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2020

Dear Peter,

thank you very much for your feedback.

I´m awefully sorry, that you have been waiting so long for your refund.
Unfortunately we were closed much longer than expected and just reopend in June.
As a franchised hotel of IHG our accounting belongs to the owner company and not to IHG.
Those were also closed during the COVID-19 shut down in Germany, that´s why the whole administration for 3 month of refunds takes a little longer.

Nevertheless I totally understand your concern.
Please know that we forwarded your feedback and hope to refund the money as soon as possible.
I know it´s disappointing to hear, but we are really trying our best to be as quick as possible here.

Warm regards
Hannes Dreher

Reviewed August 4, 2020 via mobile

The hotel is a 15 min walk from the central train station. You’ll pass many bars and restaurants on your way.

The shopping area is about 30 min walk away from the hotel. We normally walked every day.

The hotel itself is located in a quiet area. Maybe due to road constructions and Covid-19 , so I’m not sure if it’s always quiet around the neighborhood.

We had a room on the third floor, which was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a little bit tiny to my feeling and we also didn’t like the small blankets. We prefer a big blanket.

Couldn’t really checkout the bar/restaurant due to the limit operations. Only open for 2 hrs on specific days. So you are a bit limited in choices for redeeming drink vouchers.

I really like the staff at the reception, they were very friendly and helpful to us.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jordyt117
Hannes Dreher, Inhaber at Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2020

Dear jordyt117,

thank you so much for your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you liked the location of our hotel and that you were satisfied with your hotel room.
Our reception staff will be glad to hear that you appreciate their kindness.
During Corone the demand for our bar/restaurant shrinked a bit that´s why we chose to limit the operation hours until the demand increases again. I´m sorry for the inconvenience you´ve had because of that. Hopefully the next time you´ll stay here our bar will operate the normal hours.

Warm regards
Hannes Dreher

Reviewed March 30, 2020 via mobile

Was here for official purpose and hence stayed for just a night. The ambience and the staff were good and I guess the place was renovated as it had that new and refreshed interior feels.

The place is a bit far from the town center and therefore would have been more delighted if they had more menu options. However the morning breakfast was good.

Overall I liked the place for the comfort it provided.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Stay325519
GMHamburgCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2020

Dear Stay325519, thank you so much for feedback. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was a success and that you were particularly impressed by our staff team and delicious breakfast. We would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us in Hamburg in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2020

As a meeting planner, it is very rare that I actually get to be in a meeting during my travels. I visited this property in November of 2019 with a MICE Forum and had a truly delightful stay. The newly remodeled hotel is modern and trendy with spacious rooms and a great lobby atrium. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and was very satisfied with the creativity and healthy options provided at every meal. Being pregnant meant that the service staff was beyond kind to me and I never once had to get a beverage during the buffet meal. They were so kind. My room was a bit small, but the large bathroom made up for it as I could unpack all of my belongings and spread out. I love the tile in the lobby bar and the meeting spaces were comfortable and creative. Check out my photos on Instagram @eventsbyJuls and find a link to my blog for more about this property!

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GMHamburgCP, Geschäftsführer at Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2020

Dear EventsbyJuls, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you got the chance to experience our hotel as a meeting participant rather than planner! It's great to hear you liked our new modern design and healthy menu options and that you were well looked after by out staff. We hope to see you again in Hamburg soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2020

This was my second time at this hotel since its makeover. Rooms are of very good quality. Check in was efficient and I managed to get to my room 15 minutes early. There were 2 bottles of water in my room though they were impossible to open. I couldn’t find a bottle opener ANYWHERE.

Date of stay: January 2020
GMHamburgCP, Geschäftsführer at Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2020

Dear Stephen R, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you've been to stay with us twice post-renovation and that you're impressed by the quality of our new rooms. We are sorry for the issues you experienced with opening the water bottles, a bottle opener should be included in the room and we apologise that this was not the case. If you require anything in the future such as a bottle opener, feel free to call our Reception team who will be happy to assist you.