Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
Hotels.comUS$143
Trip.comUS$128
Destinia.comUS$199
1,017 results
All reviews the central train station comfort room walk in wardrobe spa area hotel is situated city centre jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2020

We used to stay frequently at the Hilton Curio (I am a Gold Hilton Honors member so collect the points), but the service from the staff is poor. I

In February I gave up staying at the Curio. I wanted a central hotel near the train station. Virtually next door to the Hilton is this hotel. It is an old-looking hotel, reminiscent of the 70's. They have three categories of rooms Standard (very small no desk), Plus and Comfort. I booked a Plus room as I needed to work. We were given a standard room which was tiny and quite frankly very poor. I had to argue with the Reception Manager over the error. Eventually, we were upgraded to a Comfort Room. The difference was like night and day.

The Comfort Room was large, had a small balcony, had a walk-in wardrobe and a lovely bathroom. This is one of the best rooms I have had in a none five-star hotel in Hamburg. The pool area was lovely, but the jacuzzi is permanently broken. The slide was fun to use. Breakfast was very busy but was of an excellent standard. Apart from the argument, the stay was very good.

All was good, so we booked the same room again a few weeks later. This time we had an issue as the room had not been prepared for use by two people. We needed more shower gel and towels. The head of housekeeping told us why would we need more shower gel when there was some left in the wall dispenser? Instead of just filling it up, we were told we were wrong to ask for more, as it was not empty.

The pool was great, no jacuzzi, breakfast excellent.....but yet again staff attitudes let the stay down. This was the last time we stayed at the hotel and have not been back since.

The Comfort room was excellent. Breakfast excellent. Pool/Slide nice. Everything apart from the attitudes of some staff members was excellent. It is so sad this hotel is let down by such argumentative staff. Very sad indeed. If they can solve this issue, then I would suggest that this is one of the best 4-star hotels in Hamburg.

I doubt we will return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chris_Cotton
Reviewed March 12, 2020

I booked a night here as i was passing through Hamburg.
The hotel is excellent and good value for the price.

I arrived on a late flight and the location opposite the main station was perfect and made my departure by train the following day very easy.

Really friendly helpful staff and the room was great with a view of the Station Clocktower. A quick walk across the road and through the station brings you to the start of the main shopping area.

The hotel has a nice bar area to enjoy a Weiß Bier

I would definitely book this hotel again and next time bring my sports clothes to take advantage of the facilities

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed March 9, 2020 via mobile

Stayed two nights with a friend and had a great stay. Used the spa area which was fine (bit noisy though, so glad I hadn’t planned a romantic trip to the spa). The breakfast was really good though the place was super busy Saturday morning.
Check in and out was easy!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2020

The location of the hotel is opposite the rail station, but my room was the quietest I've ever been in. There was a large amount of shelving and cupboard space, a proper wardrobe, over 90 tv and radio channels. My case and 2 bags had lots of room, for my 1 night in this hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and answered all the queries I had promptly. Breakfast the next morning, I had never seen such a large array of food and drink. I think you can also book lots of different trips and shows as well as buy some souvenirs of Hamburg in this hotel as well.

Room tip: My room was at the back of the hotel, and was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed February 9, 2020

Dirty rooms, broken spa, horrible service.

My mom and I booked this hotel in hope that it would be extremely relaxing so that we could just take a break from everyday stress. To say that we were dissapointed is an understatement. I have never had such a horrible experience at a hotel before.
Prior to our arrival we called the hotel and asked if everything at the spa was in tip-top shape - the answer was that everything was working as it should. We also asked the staff when we arrived if everything was okay and again they said it was. Suprise, it wasn't.
The rooms are horrible as well. Sleeping on the bed feels like sleeping on a rock. DO NOT come here if you have just the slightest back-ache, because this hotel will only make it worse. The room also just wasn't cleaned properly - not someyhing you'd expect from a 4-star hotel. There was old candy and lipbalms under our bed and it was just dusty.
Breakfast was nothing more than average and staff weren't very helpful either. There were missing utensils at the breakfast, but nothing was really done to change that and the staff didn't speak english either, so we couldn't communicate.
This hotel is WAY too expensive for it's quality. This might have been a luxury hotel once many years ago, but now it basically has the same quality as a cheap motel.
The staff had a bad attitude and seemed like they didn't care at all.
We were so unsatisfied that we left a day early and drove home in a storm, because honestly, driving home in hazardous weather was like heaven compared to the idea of staying one more minute.
Please, if you are considering staying here, check other options.

1  Thank Enelam60