Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
Expedia.comUS$138
eDreamsUS$129
Lol.travelUS$209
2,569 results
All reviews great location nice hotel huge bed europa passage central station junior suite rain shower walking distance hotel is located coffee machine comfortable rooms alster lake reception staff excellent breakfast business trip nice stay nice room
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2020

Hey guys I will try to keep this short.
So I traveled 500+ km driving a car yeah? To arrive at Hamburg then I worked 6 hours and I head to the hotel.
As I arrived they asked if I have a Dokument from my firm with me stating that I’m here for business reasons(Arbeitgeber Bescheid).
I asked if I can bring it by Tomorrow Because it was late my college’s at HR where not working.
They said nope sorry can’t give you a room.
Well at this point i respect the regulations. But we have another issue here, if that document is so important that I can’t go in without it why not tell me?
And please I don’t care it the whole world knows about the necessity of it, I didn’t so the argument well it’s COVID every one know is BS.
Tell US Please no one wants to deal with it a check in.
You could have implemented that easily in the booking process.
Absolutely incompetent it blows my mind how can they charge your credit card for the room then send you home

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Sascha Füchtner, Geschäftsführer at Barcelo Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am very sorry that my colleagues did not manage to find a solution with you. Especially in the current pandemic period, it is important that you as a traveller keep up to date with the new rules. And at the moment you have to prove that you are travelling on business in Germany/Hamburg in order to get a hotel room. We need this proof from our guests before check in. We are legally obliged to do this. Perhaps you will give our hotel another chance in the future.
Thank you, stay healthy and many greetings from Hamburg, Sascha Fuechtner | General Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2020 via mobile

The Barcelo Hamburg is perfectly located near restaurants and the train station.. good value for money.. rooms are pleasant ..booked 2 directly from their call center.
Helpful and courteous over the phone.
I had the misfortune to check in with Monica at my arrival..
After checking in she proceeded with charging us although both rooms where already been paid by my son few ours before.
My son was offered to upgrade to a junior suite for just additional 20 € per day which he gladly did.
I then asked Monica if we could move to his room when he check out for our last night since we wanted the coffee machine..
She told us the room was already booked and offered no alternative whatsoever.

I asked if we could pay the difference and have a coffee machine sent our room
She looked annoyed and said that they didn’t do that...
I asked if she could look for another junior suite available and she told me to come back the next day..
At night we asked her to book us a taxi to go to Ono restaurant we waited 15 minutes outside and asked her to follow up.. again the situation was dealt with no professionalism..
I would suggest to hire people that understand the meaning of HOSPITALITY.
The day after I spoke to Alex who was professional and courteous and proceeded to look for a coffee machine to be sent to the room and booked us a taxi to the airport.
Rooms were clean and practical, 504 was very hot and the minibar was practically room temperature..
621 was nice and cool.
As I said the Hotel location is perfect, my only complaint is that there is no reason for you to stay inside other than to sleep
The bar was unremarkable and our vodka martinis came without olives yes they did not have any for our entire stay.!!!

So if you are looking for a well located hotel the offers sort of good value for money that’s your place.
No thrills no frills..

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gciuti
Sascha Füchtner, General Manager at Barcelo Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2020

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing us and for your detailed review.

First of all, I am very happy that our central location and our B-Rooms exceeded your expectations.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you feel uncomfortable during your check-in process. I just only wanted you to feel really good attended since the beginning of your stay.
Unfortunately I think we had a misunderstanding.
While your son was checking in he got an special offer to the Deluxe category for 20EUR,- extra per night. Unfortunately you could not get this offer, because during your check-in, we did not had available rooms anymore in this category.
Moreover I would like to remind you, that you were offered the possibility of obtaining a Deluxe room as well the next day, with an additional cost of 20EUR, - per night and letting us know before 12am.
The next day when I returned to work, I was informed that you were keeping the same room and that a coffee machine had been brought up to your current room.

Regarding the taxi, please make sure that it was ordered, and we cannot influence its delay. I remember the situation very well and we were waiting for it because we could see in our display that the taxi was on its way. At the end, we proceeded to call a second taxi for you. I am sorry if the wait was not pleasant for you, for us neither, our main goal as hosts is to make our guests happy and to feel comfortable.
Once again, thank you for your visit and constructive critics, we hope that you had a nice journey back home and to have the pleasure of serving you again in our hotels worldwide ensuring you in advance of our best intentions at all times.

My sincery apologies,

Mónica Cantero Mayordomo
Guest Experience

Reviewed September 30, 2020

I stayed in Barcelo Hotel for 3 days for a short city break in Hamburg.
The location in the city is perfect: near public transportation and within walking distance to the city center and the main museums,
The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable and equipped with all you can expect in a 4 star/superior hotel. I stayed in a Deluxe room.
There´s a buffet breakfast in the morning it is possible to order also specific dishes like for example scrambled eggs.
The personnel at the reception is very welcoming and helpful.
I can say that for me this hotel has been a great choice and I was able to visit the city and also to organize a day trip to Lübeck and Travemunde. The train station is also within walking distance.

Date of stay: September 2020
Sascha Füchtner, Geschäftsführer at Barcelo Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your stay at Barceló Hamburg and your great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Please come and visit us again soon. Our Hanseatic city is always worth a visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

Well situated 4*+ hotel
Very good location; near the lake, metro station, and city center
Nice modern rooms but
-i had a "view"...on a wall (room 226). Not even on a street or courtyard.. for >150 euros that is definitely not what i call a "deluxe" room.
-rain shower not working
-mini gym with most equipment out of order (treadmill not working etc)

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Businestravler123
Reviewed August 11, 2020

I stayed in May 2019 and i loved it because its very near to the city. Just 5 minutes walk to City hall and all around it. Hotel price was also OK.
Also just 1 minute walk to the Alster Lake and around the hotel there are also restaurants and bars as well.

Date of stay: September 2019