Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$154
eDreamsUS$154
Agoda.comUS$155
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2020 via mobile

Beautiful location, beautiful building, but needs a lot of TLC before it’s worth the price.
Positive:
- staff, all great and very friendly
- bed
- location/view (if you have the right room)

Negative:
- price/performance ratio
- offer of Bulgari on the site, but we got some cheap general stuff
- carpets on the floor, quite “dark” feeling
- room smelled strange

So, after an extensive renovation and a reduction of the price, we would consider to return

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene H
Reviewed June 30, 2019

My husband and I stayed in a double room last year and it was fantastic! We had everything we needed however we recently stayed in a budget double room and this has turned us off coming back! Although everything was clean, it wasn’t actually located in the building but instead in a smaller building at the back of the hotel, it was a very small room and didn’t come with basics like a kettle or tissues! When I asked for a box of tissues for my daughter who was unwell, I was told they don’t have any. I understand we booked a budget room however for a 4.5* hotel I would have expected some of the standard items that you’d expect to find in almost any other hotel. The staff were nice but not as friendly as last time. The hotel is beautifully located right by the water and a great location for walks!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Looking to large ships while enjoying a tasteful cup of coffee or tea is the highlight of this location.
Especially recommendable is the Rhubarb Meringue Tart (Rhabarber Baiser Torte).
The staff is a bit stiff but quick.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Have been in Hamburg many times for business but decided this time to stay a bit outside the bustle of the inner city. I'm glad I did. The most striking facet of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff. They were super helpful whenever I needed anything.
What sets this hotel apart in my mind is, well, it's a white castle on a beach with a view of passing cruise ships the likes of Queen Mary or Aida right in front of your nose. Also, the beautiful area of downhill Blankenese makes for a runners paradise. I ran each morning along the water and gorgeous houses. What is weird but so cool is that while on the outside this hotel is all luxurious old money Blankenese beauty, the inside is a designer hotel where one might think they're in Soho, NYC. Incredibly chic and comfortable room. I already booked my next stay as I left. Will in the future be staying here when business takes me to Hamburg - jack

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

A truly fantastic, family run hotel. What did we like besides the location (right next to the beach)? Great clean modern room with nice bathroom and Bulgari cosmetics, really soft towels and River view. Fantastic breakfast (fresh cut fruit salad with exotic fruits, nice omelette, fresh orange juice, huge tea selection - 12 varieties - and nice coffee. Wonderful hotel interior. And last but not least: a truly familiar, cordial atmosphere (I was even offered head lights because I went running in the dark). My personal view: it is hard to find a better boutique hotel. I will definitely come back to Strandhotel Blankenese instead of going to Clipper Elb Lodge or Hotel Hafen Hamburg.

Date of stay: November 2016