Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$127
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-04-25
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$118
Agoda.comUS$113
getaroom.comUS$131
1,400 results
All reviews nice hotel business trip within walking distance city centre min walk the room was nice nice stay by foot clean rooms reception desk shopping area reeperbahn harbour slippers iron alster euro
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2020

A comfortable, spacious room, good "Corona Style" breakfast buffet, quiet, but central location - what more can you ask for? If you look for a shabby chic Hipster place, look elsewhere, but when you like a well run, classic hotel, this is the place for you.

Loved the smell of the bath amenities coming from dispensers.

Small downpoint: front desk understaffed at times, which meant waiting lines, which should be avoided in times of Pandemic. Loved the possibility to check-in online and receive the key card from a touchscreen device.

This time, took advantage of one of the hotel's rental bikes: not cheap, but worth it.

Room tip: Courtyard facing rooms mean no views, but more quietness
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank JanBerlin
Franziska Junker, Sonstige at Lindner Hotel Am Michel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2020

Dear Jan,

Thanks a lot for this great review! Glad to gather that you had a great stay once again - looking forward to many happy returns!

Kind regards
Dirk Peter & the entire Crew of the Lindner Hotel Am Michel

Reviewed July 26, 2020 via mobile

We were looking for a nice hotel central to most of Hamburg. We were lucky to get the Business suite at a great rate. So the room was already first class. But also other facilities were top shape and the staff was friendly and helping

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Franziska Junker, Sonstige at Lindner Hotel Am Michel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2020

Dear Guests,

Glad to gather that you had an agreebale stay with us and our service and amenities met your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again real soon and remain until then

With best regards
Dirk Peter & the Staff of the Lindner Hotel Am Michel

Reviewed July 18, 2020 via mobile

We where on our honeymoon without telling us, they had upgraded us to a suite on the 7th floor with a fantastic view over Hamburg. This is definitely not last time we visit you. Thank you for making our stay even better

PS.

I hope you enjoyed the donuts you got.

Hozan

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Hozan,

The mentioned donuts were delicious - and ravished within no time! ;)

Thanks a lot for this amazing review. We are delighted that our surprise was appreciated and we wish the two of you all the best for the road ahead.

Sincere regards to Denmark and many happy returns!
Dirk Peter & the entire Team of the Lindner Hotel Am Michel

Reviewed July 2, 2020

The location of the hotel is great, and within walking distance to public transportation.

The hotel is quite nice and the staff very helpfull. The rooms are large, and has great furniture / interior.

The hotel restaurant was quite good and the food good as well.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Morten,

Thank you very much for these kind words and fpr giving us this great feedback!

Kind regards to Denmark
Dirk Peter & the Staff of the Lindner Hotel Am Michel

Reviewed June 11, 2020

I was looking forward so much this private trip from Berlin to Hamburg for the Elbphilharmonie and this good locking hotel. Unfortunaly my mother had to cancel the trip due to a flue and she is by thy way a very experienced booker in terms of hotels - and, imagine, she knows my name pretty well ;-) She cancelled the morning before with clear information, that one room has to be cancelled, but I will still come.
1. At the reception the young lady (who didn't made much effort to raise her eyes away from her computer screen) claimed, that both rooms were cancelled and didn't find me in her system (of course i had a print out), that after 10 min I started checking the Flixbus App to try getting home to Berlin somehow after last ICE train (what i told her) ... long storry short: the hotel made a mistake with my first/second name ... may happen, but irritating have been how she dealed with this: Even in Cozumel (Mexico) the Hotel said to me in a similar situation: So nice you are here, "Dooon't worry, there will be a room free!" instead of let me checking the bus home. It took 3-4 strong underlinings of mine to let her check again, otherwise the lady would have let me go home. Secondly, why she didn't checked immediatly the mixing of the names or the name by my mother or said a super big sorry for the stress when she realized at the end the mistake by the hotel? Why she didn't tried to relax me a bit with "No worries, we will find a solution anyway (even in another hotel)". Actually the whole talk could have been avoided after checking my print out since the finding of the mistake or argueing for my presense should be not my job in such a moment.
2. I am not a proud person, please believe me, who needs empty phrases or artificial smiles: But to say it short: the lady actually reproduced the "Self check in" culture from the mashine the hotel suggests to use a lot (I really believe, that this culture was the real background, so its more than only the behaviour of one person with maybe not the best day, it was too obvious): almost no eye contact, not a really warm welcome and nice having you with us, even for the time+location of the breakfast I had to ask, also how to find the way to my room. As a single traveller on a private trip those personal encounters are for me waaaay more important then a golden bathroom and i always would rather sleep on a CouchSurfing-Couch to enjoy a really warmly welcome, where someone is happy to see you then talking to reception who behaves like a mashine. Again, I am not proud: But the pretty high price for the room simply didn't fit to those experiences. The room itself was really great, no question good sleep, fancy bathroom (aside the open view, that was discussed already often for 2 collegues), nice view and ordering Chily con Carne at 3 am, if you like - but:
3. Around 7:30 or 8 am (for me in those days it was early) a craftman knocked loudly and woke me up from sleeping and asked to repair the Safe (sic!). Actually I didn't know there was one, he did some things 2 minutes and I said, i don't need this, please ignore. He left, but it didn't help:
4. 45 Min later another craftman came (i think) directly into the room to repair the safe, "you have asked for" - what??? I thought: PLEASE just let me sleep and repair your f.. safe when I am not in Hamburg! At least he said sorry and left without repairing ... time to get up and having ...
5. breakfast: This was actually almost the best part from the buffet etc, really good, nice places and nice helpful ladies, but (also here): Its nicer, when you enter the breakfast area, that the man who meets you first doesn't run after you like a criminal (because maybe I was walking around to look for a seat without waiting at his checkpoint) and the very first sentence is with a cold view "what is your room?" instead of a smiling "Good morning :) How was your sleep? Did you have a good night? Everything ok in our house??"
... the stay with the concert was the wonderful birthday present of my great mom, and yes the hotel has definitly its qualities, but those basic hings of communications and letting sleep the people and an honest warm welcome I get even for 30 Euro in a small austrian guesthouse in the nowhere, maybe because of this ... so for self checking in business people who don't mind having craftmen at 7:30 am inside the room, it might be good, to be a bit cynical and i don't want to say, i would not give it a chance again, maybe it was really bad luck, but you see the lacks in even several fields, not only in one unlucky situation, that my happen of course.
The checkout lady was way different and giving the whole stay with a nice, natural talk (and a real understanding and honest sorry on my double craft men storry) a somehow good final minute.
(for 26th of Juni 2019)

Room tip: I liked my room very much: backwards to the green park and it was very silent.
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Alexis K
Franziska Junker, Sonstige at Lindner Hotel Am Michel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2020

Dear Alexis,

We thank you for this detailled review of your stay in Hamburg and for sharing your honest opinion with us!
Though we wish that you would have had a totally different experience we are glad and thankful for guests bringing these issues to our attention to be able to redirect efforts where required.
Furthermore it also shows how long these experiences and impressions can linger, as you so aptly stated that this happened almost a year ago!
We can assure you that these encounters do not reflect our vision of service and we constantly train and re-train our Team to maintain a high level and we will look forward to offering you the hospitaltity that our Guests have grown fond of and can rightly expect!
Thus looking forward to your next visit we remain

With kindest regards