Open today: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Layover Tour

I booked a 2 hour layover tour back in August and it was great!! Jo met me at the meeting point in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lauren Z
Wilmington, Delaware
Frankfurt on foot

Dave great us a great tour and we wished we had done it on our first day not our last. We could... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
peterlarsen2018
Adelaide, Australia
via mobile

All reviews great tour layover tour adopted city hour walking tour his knowledge four hours an excellent guide private tour jewish memorial hour layover highly recommend this tour meeting point informative tour small group long layover great overview few hours
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

We did the Frankfurt On Foot walking tour with Dave. He was an excellent guide. He was very knowledgeable and made the whole experience very enjoyable. There was 7 of us on the tour which went to many parts of the old city as well as by the river and into the main shopping area close by. We visited culturally significant sites as well as a local food market. I would highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank ParkwayTravellers
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

There are some cities that are more difficult to enjoy and appreciate without some “background knowledge” than others. In my opinion, Frankfurt is one of those cities. Much of the city was destroyed during WWII and replaced with modern architecture. This combination of old and new does not create the picturesque view most people think of when planning a trip to Germany. However, there IS much to be enjoyed and appreciated in Frankfurt, once you know where to look. That’s why a tour is important. I personally prefer a walking tour because of the flexibility it gives to discover areas that are hidden away gems.

My daughter and I particularly enjoyed this tour with Dave. To be honest, the reason I chose this tour over others was because he is retired military. Due to past experiences, I just figured he would be interesting and relatable. I wasn’t wrong. Dave was that great combination of informative and funny. He got to know each of us and geared much of the discussion toward our own interests and background. The price was right, the starting time and location were convenient, and the tour was entertainingly educational. Dave gave us a new appreciation for Frankfurt and I will recommend this tour to anyone I know that is traveling here.

Thanks, Dave!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

My wife and I had a ten hour layover in Frankfurt on our way to South Africa. I didn't want to spend all that time in the airport so I researched things to do in Frankfurt. Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours kept popping up in all my searches so I decided to give it a try. Jo emailed us confirmation of our tour and gave us directions to meet her at the airport. Everything worked smoothly. Jo greeted us at the airport meeting point, showed us where to check our luggage, and navigated us on the local train to the city. Jo was friendly and passionate about the city she calls home. She modified her normal tour to show us some things that we asked for. She is full of knowledge and we are glad to have met her. We would definitely recommend doing this tour if you have a couple of hours in Frankfurt.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We were on a layover at the Frankfurt airport and had about 6 hours of free time. We took the local train and met our tour guide Jo at the Frankfurt train station. We enjoyed a two hour tour of the city and riverside. This was an excellent tour and with great companionship for the short time in the city. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Frankfurt. Time well spent despite the cold weather!

1  Thank michaelcM8795JN
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

This tour was better than I had hoped for. Personal attention and interaction with Dave who is very knowledgeable and humorous. Be ready for his dry sense of humor (the kind of humor that takes more intelligence to master!) Ask him as many questions about Frankfurt and European history as you want to get a better experience. They could easily charge more for this.
Kyle from Texas