“A great tour”

Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours offers a 3-4 hour English language, daily tour at 10:30, 365 days a year. Discover the history, treasures and secrets of Frankfurt. Meet on Braubachstrasse, in front of the Binding Schirn Cafe' at the Römer. No reservations needed. Layover/stopover tours from the Airport available, as well as Private tours for individuals or groups, at very affordable rates. All guides are Native English-speakers, all tours are in English.
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

The tour cost 14 euros and is great value for money. Our guide Dave was informative and had a great sense of humour. The tour last about three and half hours and takes you to various places in Frankfurt. So if you've got a few hours to spare, I recommend this tour

2  Thank Darren F
"private tour"
in 21 reviews
"jewish memorial"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 8 reviews
"few hours"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

David was full of interesting information. We saw things we never would have on our own. Definitely a must!

1  Thank mpfrittitta
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

My sister in law and I came to Frankfurt for a quick trip and she searched for local tours and came across this amazing tour. Dave was our tour guide. He was knowledgeable and kind. He shared so much amazing history about Frankfurt spanning over 2000 years. His demeanor was extremely friendly and we had an AMAZING time. Dave had us cracking up the entire time. We would highly recommend this tour!

2  Thank cmruiz09
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

We did the Frankfurt On Foot walking tour with Dave. He was an excellent guide. He was very knowledgeable and made the whole experience very enjoyable. There was 7 of us on the tour which went to many parts of the old city as well as by the river and into the main shopping area close by. We visited culturally significant sites as well as a local food market. I would highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank ParkwayTravellers
See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

There are some cities that are more difficult to enjoy and appreciate without some “background knowledge” than others. In my opinion, Frankfurt is one of those cities. Much of the city was destroyed during WWII and replaced with modern architecture. This combination of old and new does not create the picturesque view most people think of when planning a trip to Germany. However, there IS much to be enjoyed and appreciated in Frankfurt, once you know where to look. That’s why a tour is important. I personally prefer a walking tour because of the flexibility it gives to discover areas that are hidden away gems.

My daughter and I particularly enjoyed this tour with Dave. To be honest, the reason I chose this tour over others was because he is retired military. Due to past experiences, I just figured he would be interesting and relatable. I wasn’t wrong. Dave was that great combination of informative and funny. He got to know each of us and geared much of the discussion toward our own interests and background. The price was right, the starting time and location were convenient, and the tour was entertainingly educational. Dave gave us a new appreciation for Frankfurt and I will recommend this tour to anyone I know that is traveling here.

Thanks, Dave!