“Great place to stay”

Favored Hotel Plaza
Ranked #69 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I stayed in this hotel in early December for 6 nights. I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. My room faced the back and had a balcony (room 11). I would take the train to other towns in Germany and return back quite late. The hotel is only a 15 min walk from the train station. I am a single female and I always felt safe walking alone in the area. The hotel is also a 15 min walk from the opera house and a 20 minute walk from the city center. The Staedel museum is about 10 minutes away.
There is a mini market around the corner towards the bridge for water and snack. There is water in the room but it is 2.80 euros. The breakfast is excellent - hot eggs, bacon, sausage and so much more. There is hot tea and coffee with pastries served around the clock at the reception area free of charge.
I took a taxi to and from the airport because I had two roller bags and the cost is 28 - 31 euros. It took only 20 minutes by taxi to reach the hotel.
The bathroom was bright and clean. The shower was so hot and strong which I loved every night returning back to my room from the cold. The room was the perfect temperature which is saying a lot because I live in Arizona where it is always hot and I hate being cold. There is a towel warmer in the bathroom which I used daily to have my towels toasty for when I exited the shower.
Downsides: pillows were awful and steep stairs leading up to the front door. I struggled a bit getting my luggage up when I arrived and there is no one to help.
I had dinner one night at the middle eastern restaurant across the street....fairly good. There is also a nice African restaurant around the corner. I became addicted to the crepes at the train station ...worth the walk. Also Starbucks, Mr Donut, Burger King and so much more at the train station.
I would stay here again for sure!!!

Room Tip: I loved my room 11
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying at our Favored Hotel Plaza. We are very happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your recommendations and advices for other guests. Kind regards, the entire team at the Favored Hotel Plaza.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This hotel is located near the main railway station, shopping areas and restaurants.
The staff was very polite and helpful, the room was very clean and spacious.
The transport system is great. You can travel on the train,bus or tram with same pass.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kadie V

Dear Kadie, thank you for your reservation at our hotel. It is our pleasure if you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, the Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The hotel is a very good basic hotel, with fantastic location if using the rail system to explore other cities. The area is not the best, but we always felt safe, and restaurants and other amenities were conveniently nearby. We used a taxi because of the amount of luggage for an accompanying traveller, but if travelling relatively light, the hotel is only about 500 meters from the train station (stop located in the frankfurt airport). Staff is friendly, speak english well, and the desk is manned 24 hours. It was a great place for us to base, as we were travelling to different cities for short visits.

Room Tip: Elevator is very small
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3Dogs3Kids
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedbacks and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Frankfurt. It was our pleasure to welcome you. Kind regards, Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Nice hotel, nearby the railwaystation, close to the river and the old town.
Room was big, clean and everything was working. Breakfast is possible and it concludes what is needed; bread, eggs fruit and so on. Staff is polite and serviceminded..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Kasper F

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your reservation at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind regards, Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing staff, from check in to check out, very helpful and friendly!
Breakfast was good and pricing inline with market.
Room a little small, had a balcony though so could escape.
Room very clean- housekeeping great!

Would have enjoyed aircon as it was hot and humid and fan in room not very effective.
Will stay again.

Cheers

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Louis S

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay and for your feedback.
We are pleased that you liked it, we would be happy to welcome you again.
Best regards from Frankfurt, Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Despite corridor and stairs looked appropriate to the hotel age, equipment in the clean room did not looked worn at all. There could be more (or more powerful) lights in the room. Bathroom was appropriate big, clean.
Probably only one disadvantage was that I was able to hear TV set from the next room. I had not noticed any noise from outside having courtyard facing room, but the street is also really quiet.
Breakfast selection was wide enough, tasty (with exception of one industrially made cake).
Staff was really friendly, both at the reception desk and in the breakfast room.
Location in proximity to main train station make is really easy accessible when arriving by plane or train. Note there are stairs to the hotel entrance.
I will probably stay here again during my next trip to Frankfurt.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Cunctatore

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay and for your feedback.
We are pleased that you liked it, we would like to welcome you again.
Best regards from Frankfurt, Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 23 February 2017

when i travel to Frankfurt, i always try to book at this hotel. it has been 5 years now that whenever i go for a business trip i look for this hotel. the people are nice, the rooms are so clean and the breakfast is just amazing. i really enjoy my stay there.

Room Tip: all rooms have large windows and are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick M
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Patrick,
thank you very much for your loyalty and for your compliments. It is a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to see you next time.
Warm regards