Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
1,682 results
All reviews the club lounge business hotel very nice hotel shopping area christmas market junior suite train station zeil concierge gym euros germany messe
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2020

Pros:

1) Location

CONS:

1) Very old rooms
2) Front door does not even close properly
3) Management had poor/indifferent response
4) Rooms are depressing
5) Views of cold Frankfurt are also depressing
6) Showers are horrible
7) Bathroom is old and dangerous getting out of the shower

Avoid. You've been warned.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank mark g
WestinFrankfurt, Front Office Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2020

Dear Mark G,

Thank you for your time to rate us on TripAdvisor.

This is very much appreciated and helpful as we are looking forward to fulfill and to continuously improve our service commitment to our guests.

Please accept my deepest apologies that we were not able to fulfill your expectations and needs during this stay regarding the property condition.

You might be happy to hear, that we are in the planning of a renovation and as this will start in September 2020 we have only some months to go before the start of the renovation.
Meanwhile, rest assured that we are doing all possible to ensure that your next stay convinces you of The Westin Grand Frankfurt.

We hope you will give us the chance to prove that we can be better hosts whenever your travels bring you back to Frankfurt!

Warm Regards,

Jan Linder
Front Office Manager
The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Reviewed March 1, 2020

Well I was just in town for the night (a day and a half inbound from Tunis on a mission) and as a Platinum elite member I try to stay at affiliated brand hotels whenever possible and this one looked like a good bet.

First impression was yes truly a Grand Lobby complete with classic vintage cars collected and on display from the hotel Owner. I arrived late saturday about 8pm and had a very speedy, professional check-in service complete with a late-check out request (granted) and a small room upgrade (thanks). My room's first impressions at night were yes a bit dark but the bed was very comfy and I slept great that night. The TV is dated, small in my room and no youtube/netflix but that's okay; I didn't mind.

The room had a personalized welcome greeting to me and a bunch of snacks/pretzels and german Beer as a gift; how cool is that!

Location is great right beside the Subway and streetcars and the pedestrian walkway/mall/restaurants and other local things that interested me. Everyone in the hotel was kind and professional.

There is a Club Lounge for the Bonvoy Elites where I was directed for my breakfast. The selection is more limited than the main buffet but as a Vegan usually I toss aside the assumptions and what I see and just talk to the staff. There was even a sign there indicating that everyone should have a fantastic breakfast and if a guest is Veg/Vegan; they should just let staff know and sure enough after I let them know; the Kitchen Chef's made a custom 'morning glory' sauté mixture of spinach, mushrooms and avocado for me which I enjoyed with Toast, hashbrowns and fresh orange juice; so Good. They also had a fruit platter available and prestige Jams.

After brek, I went looking for amenities. I worked out at the gym on 6 and apparently there isn't a pool or spa at this time although I didn't ask. The gym was stocked with high end equipment. There is a sushi and western bar/Restaurant downstairs by the way.
Parking under the hotel is available (and Valet) but at a cost of 29euro per 24h unfortunately.

I enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider another this summer with my family.

Other basic details I share on every review:
Loyalty Program: Marriott Bonvoy (Excellent awards program). Our status: Plat.elite

Initial Greeting at Check-In: very nice!

First impressions of the Room: 3/5. a bit dark but whatever it was a comfortable sleep

Bag assistance and staff friendliness/professionalism: VERY friendly and they stored my stuff while checked in thanks! 5/5

TV/Entertainment: basic english news channels; no movies, youtube/netflix etc. 1/5

Wifi quality: worked very fast/well. 5/5

EV Charging station: no. 0/5

Environmental policy: This is a tough one to rate always unless the hotel strongly discourages meat consumption which is the leading indicator in my opinion on environmentalism and sustainability. Leed certified? (likely no due to old building). They do encourage re-using sheets and towels however. 2/5

Food and Restaurants on site: Sushi and western foods/bar; vegan options available and I almost challenged them to make some of their 'Fire Wings' for me with cauliflower but didn't
3.5/5

Spa, Pool and Gym: no spa or pool (?). Gym yes on 6th floor; good enough for a cardio and some weights work out 2/5

Club Lounge if applicable: Yes it's available on level 1 (key card access only) 3/5

Sleep Quality/Bed: Excellent and I wanted to borrow (steal) a pillow however I figured that might put a damper on my experience once I get a follow up charge so I left it there :). 5/5

Ensuite amenities/Fridge etc: nicely built into the cupboards, typical size mini-fridge
3/5

Location: 5/5 for transit and walkability to shops, restaurants and cafes etc

Parking: Yes 29euro per 24h (valet also available). 1/5

Other Mentionable's:

-Thank you for storing my frozen goods in your freezer while I was checked in

Room tip: sweet talk your way to an upgrade or late check out in this great location
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank JeffJ772
Reviewed February 3, 2020

The location was great and in walking distance for so many things, eating, shopping, museums, etc. Yes, it does need to be renovated and it will be exciting to see the new product, however the heated floor was wonderful! While staff was friendly, service was lacking at the breakfast buffet for all three mornings experienced, and there were some cleanliness issues. However, product was fresh, attractively presented, and there was only one temperature issue, which management immediately took care of and a sincere apology stated. Descriptions for the different items were written on the counter instead of using messy signs!! Service was also lacking at the bar, where on my first night I was served a glass of white wine in a red rimmed glass which was glaringly obvious since the bartender put it directly under a pendant light. Why was it red? Sitting in something red since it was wet. On the other hand, if the above service had not been experienced, then I would have rated it a 5 because of one individual. Kevin at the concierge desk. I have been in the service industry for over 40 years and have spent over 20 years evaluating it. In all that time I have never had such a positive experience with a concierge. He asked qualifying questions, and he LISTENED to the answers. Kevin made exceptional recommendations for each adventure the evaluator wanted to do. He secured restaurant, tour and museum reservations and mapped out clear directions, because the evaluator wanted to walk everywhere. Kevin was the only staff member to use my name and he made the evaluator’s first trip to Germany, a memorable one. Kevin's pride in his responsibilities was evident and it reminded the evaluator of a time gone by when service was an art. Kevin, I applaud you.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank R9949WUrescue
Reviewed February 2, 2020

This place is in much need of a refurb and upgrade and it will get one in Sept 2020 apparently. I had a poor experience in this hotel and though they tried, this hotel is just tired. QA is not done on the rooms and so if you expect things to work like, filling the tub for a bath, turning the heat down or up, even some of the plugs...all broken. The staff were apologetic enough and moved me to another room but it was still a disappointment. Hopefully after their refurb it will be in better condition and I may consider it again but I would avoid until then.

Room tip: avoid until refurb
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Curtis N
WestinFrankfurt, Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2020

Dear curtisn844,

thank you for sharing your experiences from the last stay with us.
As you mentioned already we are in the planning of a renovation and as this will start in September 2020 we have only some months to go before the start of the renovation.
Meanwhile, we are trying to maintain the rooms as best as possible. Please accept my apologies that we felt short and you had to move your room during your stay.
Dear curtisn844, thanks again for your honest feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back after renovation.
Please get in touch with me direct and I will be more than happy to assist with a reservation.

With refreshing Regards
Anne Sauermann
Duty Manager
anne.sauermann@westin.com

Reviewed January 26, 2020

Stayed here on business. As a platinum member I got no upgrade but a dated dark room. Lounge is small, food was awful, wines cheap and there was unbearably loud music coming from downstairs. I wouldn’t consider this hotel again. Best overall value for money is Delta in Offenbach.

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank tmiskiew
WestinFrankfurt, Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Dear tmiskiew,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your last visit.
Please be informed that an upgrade is subject to availability. Unfortunately, during your stay, the hotel was fully booked and we were not able to arrange an upgrade.

May I kindly ask for some more details about the awful food in the lounge? In general, we receive very positive feedback about the selection and quality of the food and beverages in our lounge.

Dear tmiskiew, please share with me when you are planning to return to The Westin Grand Frankfurt and I will do my best to arrange a nice upgrade for you. We hope you will give us the chance to prove that we can be better hosts.
I am looking forward to hear from you.

With refreshing Regards