“Good location but lacking character”

Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Leuven, Belgium
“Good location but lacking character”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The location is absolute top if you want to stay at the airport. It's connected via a walkway to the departure hall of the airport. When entering the hotel don't make the mistake to go to the first front desk check-in because this is only for airline staff. For the regular check-in you'll have to find your way through a large corridor. When you are a starwood preferred guest use this check-in! It will save you a lot of time. There were 2 persons for the check-in + 1 for preferred guest, a huge waiting line and it was really going slowly so be prepared. The reception area (and also the other area's in the hotel) is a very open space but without any character, there is a cold atmosphere all over the hotel.
The rooms are a good size with minibar. Downdise is that the lighting in the room is poor, I ahd to put on all lights to see enough. You cannot hear the outside noices only thing is the sound of the elevator.
The meeting rooms are very good, well equipped but the catering is nothing special.
If you have the choice of eating somewhere, don't go in the estaurant of the hotel. Not so much choice and way to expensive, 27€ for a regular schnitzel! If you can go to the city (around half an hour by train) for eating.
Overall an average good business hotel or for a stay-over at the airport but not if you want to sightseeing the city or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ineke_Belgium
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Ineke_Belgium,

Thank you very much for your review.

Yes, our location is really not the best for a romantic getaway, but if you need to catch an early flight we are the perfect place to stay. The convenience of the short walking distance between our hotel and the airport is unbeatable.

I am surprised to read your comments in regards to our restaurant “Taverne”. We offer a variety of delicious Hessian delicacies. Some dishes are available for only EUR 10.00 or so.

Maybe you want to give it another try at your next stay?

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
sydney
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We all hate airport hotels.Because of Lufthansa flights hubbing in Frankfurt I have overnighted many times here. Other hotels may be smaller, may be cheaper, but whatever they say their shuttles never come when you want them to. The advantage of walking straight from the terminal to your room, esp. after a long flight is just too great.
The rooms are always clean, somewhat characterless, the reception service will vary depending on whom you get,and though next to the airport, absolutely no noise

Room Tip: Don't bother booking a suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear bigvicSydney,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as the place to stay between flights. I appreciate that you have already stayed here several times.

We look forward to your next stay!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a very well located hotel, right on Terminal 1. We had a morning flight the following day and arrived quite late in the evening at the hotel.
Arriving at the hotel could be a bit confusing if you come from Terminal 2 by skytrain (as we had loads of luggage and the skytrain does not permit trolleys and also the elevators to the skytrain were quite small, the trolley barely fit inside), but after this "adventure" we managed to get to the hotel.
Being already late in the evening and our son being tired we went directly to bed, didn't go to any of the restaurants or bars in the lobby (although I noticed they looked good and fancy).
All I can say is beds are comfy, rooms sound proofed and bathrooms clean and spacious enough. Service at front desk was fast. I would stay here again if I'll ever travel to/from Frankfurt Airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear obsessedbytravelling,

We are very pleased that you stayed at our hotel. It cannot get easier to take a flight when you can relax while other travelers are still stuck in traffic.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will soon return for another stopover.

Best regards,

Pune, India
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel on a layover on my way to India. I needed to get cleaned up and rest after my flight from TX. The Sheraton was a nice retreat. My only complaint was the expensive and small pours of wine (2 oz) in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TwoForFun
Dear TwoForFun,

Thank you very much for your comment and for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback.

I hope you have already planned your next trip to Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My stay in Sheraton Frankfurt Airport was not a pleasent one. I had to stay there because my flight was cancelled due to bad weather in Istanbul and Turkish Airlines put us in that hotel. Basically, the hotel looks very old (entrance was good) and spooky when you walk down the aisle to get to your room. The room I had was a standart one with an old bathroom and very very old furnitures. It was quite big with a working desk in the middle and a twin bed. Like these were not enough, when I opened the air conditioner to heat up the room, I was shocked by the sounds it was making. It worked as if like an airplane was taking off. In order to sleep I had to lower the fan and this time I was cold. I couldn't sleep through the night and had to wake up at 6 o'clock when I was able to.

I was glad that I would stay in such a good brand as Sheraton, however I was dissappointed by the hotel I faced. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, if you really don't have to stay around the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear absucan,

First of all we apologize for the delayed answer.

I am sorry to see that you had to bear disappointments during your stay at our hotel. We will try to locate the room you stayed in and immediately fix the damages. The room you were accommodated was certainly not a standard. We hope you will give us a new chance and will do our best to make your next stay much more comfortable.

South East UK
Reviewed 30 January 2012

If u are looking for airport closeness then grt but the hotel is a bit tired and needs updating. Gym is good and rooms are big and clean. But the price is too high.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Badger1969,

Thank you for sharing your observations with us.

You may be surprised to read that we have renovated all rooms on the Superior, Club and Towers floors. Also our restaurant “Taverne” and our banquet area have had a facelift. I am sure you will be positively surprised.

We hope to see you soon again.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We just had a cocktail course in "Lemons&Limes" with Sacha and Dominick and I must say that it was a great experience. I did buy the course for my husband as Xmas gift and they are the best 48€ I've paid in a long time. We did not only learn about cocktails but we had lots of fun, delicious finger food and a great night. We started at 18h and even if the official closing time was 22h, we stayed longer make more and more cocktails. Really great. Looking forward to do the next advanced course. Thank you guys for a great night!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear carlaenalemania,

THANK YOU – we simply loved your commentary. We will gladly share your commending remarks with our entire team, especially with Sacha and Dominik.

It would be our pleasure to see you soon again! Maybe at our next “Sheraton SkyNight” which is the best After-Work-Party in town?

All the best & kind regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
0.2 km away
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#40 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!