2,274 results
All reviews classic hotel beautiful hotel grand deluxe room christmas market rain shower room service five star hotel the location is perfect an upgrade shopping area breakfast buffet stayed for one night room was large downtown frankfurt business trip frankfurters oscars
Reviewed May 20, 2017

My stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof had maybe the widest dispersion of good and bad elements of any hotel stay I've very experienced.
The good parts: The hotel has a good staff which is genuinely concerned about providing good service. The hotel has an old pre war infrastructure with wide hallways and high ceilings. I was upgraded to a renovated room (357)
which was good size, had a luxurious bathroom and sophisticated timing.
The bad parts: The hotel seemed to be having a breakdown while I was there. The elevators didn't work. There was wifi in the rooms. The billing system wasn't working meaning I had to wait at checkout for them to just about manually generate a bit.
So the hotel is either a five or a zero depending on how you look at it. I have to conclude that the issues were one off-i can't imagine they would be ranked anywhere they were if they happened with any frequency. I looked to good parts enough that I will give them another chance.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank ctyankee20
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Dear ctyankee20,

thank you for your comment and your trust in our ability to do better.
Our technical issues last week happened all at the same time, which was very inconvenient.
Our WIFI has finally been switched to our new supplier after one year of updating the hardware and investing 1 Mio Euro. The switch, however, didn't go without hiccups, and that we apologize for.
The problem wih the cashiering system did not only affect us, but was a Frankfurt-wide system failure of the supplier. The system is used by nearly every larger hotel chain worldwide, so we were in good company.
The elevators broke down, and the maintenance department needed to order spare parts. We are sorry for the inconveniences and hope that we will prove better standards during your stay next time.
Thank you very much for the praise of our employees.
We are looking forward to your return!
With best regards

Reviewed May 19, 2017

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is a beautiful, historic property in a convenient location in downtown Frankfurt. It's an excellent property for business travelers. Not ideal for families with children but very nice if you are staying over one night before departing for a European holiday.

It is walking distance (< 1mi) from the Frankfurt Main Hbf (central train station) with direct access to the airport via the S-Bahn and major European hubs via ICE. The Will Brandt Platz U-bahn station is also directly across the street if you prefer to transfer at the main station but if the weather is nice, it's an enjoyable walk past many restaurants and shops, even with a small suitcase which I did with ease.

The hotel is located just a few blocks from the Main River. I highly recommend taking some time for an evening stroll or after work run. There are many people doing the same or simply enjoying conversation along the river bank parks in the evening and a few nice restaurants to grab a bite to eat. For American travelers, the sun sets rather late (9:30 in mid-May) so there are people running, chatting, strolling, and even a few swimming in the river into later evening.

I had a standard interior courtyard room which is an entry level room. It was very spacious with a nice working area, large bed with soft linens, a sitting area, large closet and very modern bathroom which was large compared to many of the European hotels where I have stayed in the past.

The lobby is relatively small by modern standards but, as this is a historic building, it is elegant in a classical sense. A large modern bar and restaurant are out front. Unfortunately there was a private event the one night I was there as I would have loved to have been able to invite business colleagues to meet me after work for drinks on the patio.

Overall, an excellent property especially for business travelers looking for a unique brand experience.

Room Tip: Interior room was exceptionally quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

The hotel as a whole offers a lot.
The location is great. Lobby, breakfast and spa are great.
The room we were given was so old. The ac did not cool and WiFi wouldn't connect. I had to go to the lobby to get work done.
Generally a good hotel but ask for a new room if you are given one that old.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tareq,

thank you very much for your comment and your stay.
We have had some renovations in the past 10 years, and nearly every room has been renovated.
The latest room category is called 'Grand Deluxe' and offers great style, fantastic bathrooms with walk-in showers and coffee mashine.
We are looking foward to your return!
With best regards

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I travel a lot, usually with our boy.
This time we checked into the Steigenberger because I had surgery.
We are still here, checked in on Monday will be checking out on Friday.
I had informed the hotel prior to our arrival in person and via email about my surgery and asked for a quite room.
We upgraded our room for 350€ extra to a junior sweet, hotel is not full, I have to admit that I'm used to getting this upgrades for free, but this of course is management and every brand is different.
Junior sweet is more like a bigger room not what you usually get if you book a junior suite.
But it's clean and furnished okay.
The Hotel didn't inform me that they had a huge party in their courtyard.
With DJ and all.We complained, in return we got two bottles off plastic water, that's ridiculous!
I don't understand why I wasn't informed I would have booked somewhere else.
Overall the building is very pretty, location is great, room is clean, but that's as good as it gets.
The service is terrible, we waited for our car 15-20 min everyday , today my husband called because I couldn't stand up so long,to have the car ready, we went down 20 min later, of course no car, because they are so unorganized.
The doormen meanwhile hat an argument with his colleague about something else and told my husband that he isn't the only guest.
My husband went to get the car himself.
When he came with the Range Rover it was covered in dirt, they have huge construction in their garage and that's where they park cars like that and even ask money for it??????
Nobody cared that I was standing there waiting.

When we ordered breakfast (included in the room fee) I asked for a soup an scrembled eggs, we had to pay for the soup, we where told that we ordered too much and soup wouldn't be included, we explained that I couldn't eat and that I had only ordered scrembled egg and the soup and my husband his breakfast.
They said the would give us the tray charge for free!!!!!
NEVER EVER have I expierienced something like that.
That lady even called and said again"you have ordered too much"
Food is okay, late roomservice is poor.
Breakfast is good but nothing special.

They don't know who is calling when you call, they are so slow with everything.
We have ordered something to the hotel, took them a day to bring it too our room and we had to remind them, DHl confirmed with me that it had been delivered on Monday already.
And my husband checked in Monday evening.

The staff is in huge need of a good training!!
Costumer service doesn't exist.
Especially at the door, they are so rude.
Management would really take some effort to raise the standard that such a 5 star hotel should have.

You have to constantly connect back with the internet, and I mean constantly, it's so slow too.
I have ordered a day pass with my provider.

Lifts are not working in the main lobby....
The list goes on!!!!!

Definitely not coming back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Famandtheglobe
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear Famandtheglobe,

Dear Famandtheglobe,

I am deeply sorry that your experience at our hotel will not remain in good memory – thank you for sharing this and please do accept my apologies.
We do regret that you could not fully enjoy your stay and would sincerely like to apologize for any inconveniences.

We are confused by the fact that you claim to have paid for an upgrade. After checking your invoice we could not find a charge for an upgrade.

We apologize for the dust in the public parking garage, that is currently undergoing extensive renovation works. That you have declined the car park’s offer of a complimentary car wash is sincerely regretted. The team over there would have loved to rectify the issue.

We feel sorry that you did not find rest on that evening. While all guests were informed about the party by letter that day, we understand the information was too late for you. We apologize for the delay.

We will train our team at the door and please rest assured that we will take your comments serious and discuss things like communication to guests. Also, we will discuss with our room service to be more flexible when it comes to recovering clients. We kindly ask you to bear in mind, that soup is not a breakfast item and therefore is usually charged separately. We understand, that in your situation you needed different treatment and we apologize for the inflexibility.

We wish you a speedy recovery and safe travels at all times.

With kind regards

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Good location, good amenities, and there is a nice shopping street just in front of the hotel.. you can spend some time walking there. Also other city sights are close by, the hotel got a nice restaurant as well.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple