All reviewsfrankfurt airportberlin airliftplane spottinga free shuttle busruns every minutesovernight stayshuttle servicerooms are cleanbreakfast buffetshort staypublic transportationyogurtju52terminaltrain
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My flight got cancelled and the airline gave me a voucher for an overnight stay at the Intercity Hotel. I picked up a hotel shuttle from the terminal and arrived in the hotel after 10 minutes or so. The bus was packed – must have been 40 people or so, all of them from the variety of cancelled flights. With that number of people the check-in process was surprisingly swift. The hotel restaurant offered a buffet dinner – definitely not a gourmet experience but quite acceptable in the circumstances.

The room was fairly large and clean, with all the necessary amenities. I had to get up at 5 a.m. in order to catch my flight. The breakfast was not served yet but the hotel offers coffee and croissants for early risers like me.

The hotel seems to be the prime choice for airlines to accommodate stranded passengers. Subsequently, the hotel atmosphere of the hotel is busy, a bit hectic, with people continuously coming and going, some of them confused or distressed. The atmosphere resembles a bit an intercity bus terminal (hence the name?).

Altogether, it was not a bad experience. The hotel did the job in the circumstances but I am sure I would not like to return there voluntarily.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed October 12, 2010

After 38 passengers were bumped from a flight to the U.S. due to Lufthansa's poor management and no new flight was offered for a full day, we were sent to the Intercity Hotel. The hotel staff were subjected to three dozen very grumpy clients, but they were helpful and friendly. They provided information on a good jogging route. The hotel is also a short walk to an outdoor site with two planes from the Berlin airlift, but nothing else. The rooms were clean and of a reasonable size. A dinner buffet was also included and it offered plenty of decent (but definitely not gourmet) food. It is close to the airport (my location rating is based on proximity to the airport but it is not close to other activities), but we did not hear the planes in our room. Although they offer WiFi service and two computers in the lobby, it is expensive at about 5 Euros for an hour or 15 Euros per day. P.S. The hotel rents the land on which it sits from Lufthansa.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The Intercity hotel is very close to Frankfurt airport, and offering a convenient airport shuttle service (5 euro). For a 4 star hotel, this hotel is pretty basic and overpriced.
Accommodation is basic, nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Fitchy_gent
Reviewed October 1, 2010

The hotel is situated directly next to Frankfurt international airport, my room was very basic. An uncomfortable bed with very basic bedding meant I had a couple of poor nights sleep. The hotel is also very noisy with many loud banging doors.

The room was vastly over-priced at almost £100 per night and to not even have a kettle in the room for tea/coffee making facilities seemed bizarre.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were setup at the hotel by Lufthansa after an overbooking and were so disappointed with the hotel. On our way to the room, my boyfriend and I joked that it looked similar to a college dorm. When we got to the room, along with the poor lighting we noticed how dirty the hotel room looked. Both kind of shocked since typically German hotels are known for their cleanliness, we noticed that stains all over our comforter and also hair on our sheets. The bathroom hadn't looked like it had been cleaned from the last 2 or 3 guest. Overall, we were hugely grossed out by the place and probably will not ever consider the hotel chain in any future visits to Europe.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple