Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt
US$97
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Hotel Excelsior(Frankfurt)
US$269
US$178
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$221
US$204
Agoda.com
Villa Kennedy(Frankfurt)
US$299
  • Pool
1,017 results
All reviewscosmos tourcity centrebus stopsports barnice hotelbusiness triprooms are bigbusiness hotelroom was spaciousbreakfast buffetpublic transportationshort stayfree internetyogurtbalconyfloorconference
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Last minute booking a few weeks before. On check in staff were super friendly and attentive. Arrived to room and was sadly disappointed that we had been put into a dated room, 90’s style bathroom. The hotel is advertised as renovated in 2016, this room looked far older on the decor front. I went downstairs to request a new room and the staff member said she would see if a renovated room was available, luckily we got one. The room only had one single duvet laid vertically across the double bed with a faux fur throw draped over the bottom of the bed & one bath towel to share between two of us for the first night. The idea of faux fur throws & cushions in hotels deeply unsettles me because of the washing requirements, or lack thereof. On the second evening I mentioned it at reception, a second single duvet & towel was brought up. On our third day my partner was not feeling well and I placed the do not disturb sign on the door to avoid housekeeping entering. The room attendant later knocked, I told him cleaning was not required as my partner was ill, he claimed that he was here now so he cleaned the bathroom, but left us with one towel between two of us again. I do not enjoy using a hand towel after showering, nevermind sharing a bath towel. I feel the hotel is far too large to be maintained throughly from a communications & cost point of view, as clearly not all rooms are renovated. Facade needs regularly cleaning, renovated rooms are of an ok standard but finishes could be improved for the price of the hotel, this does not look or feel like a 4/4.5 star hotel. There are many other hotels in the area or closer to the centre with a greater look for less money. My overall experience of Frankfurt disappointed me as a whole but returning to the hotel made me feel even more displeased and homesick, that is a very rare feeling for me. I do appreciate that the festive season is rather busy and the hotel had a lot of bookings but they should have been prepared.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
LeonardoHotelsFra, Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Making our guests feel comfortable is very important to us and we really apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced while staying with us. We will analyze your feedback to find in the future good solutions to make your next stay at our hotel more comfortable and we´ll forward your comments to the responsible departments to make sure that such a mistakes don´t happen again.

We hope you give us a chance to earn back your trust and we´ll see you soon again at our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel 15min easy walk from the S-station Lokalbahnhof.
Very friendly and aware employees. The room we used to sleep was a dream. So big and comfortable. The morning breakfast was enormous. I've never seen such a big buffet.
We loved our stay there and were very impressed. I highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely come back by our next stay in Frankfurt.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your great feedback and recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

Thanks to the very efficient and kind rezeptionist we have received one upgrad to the
20 floor with the known superb view. Also the kind help for the printouts of travel docus, taxis and public transportion was very well organised by Mr Danneberger and his team

Room Tip: The rooms are quit althoug the plans flying close over. Ask for one room from the 20 floor on as the view is superb.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2017

This hotel is very clean and I found the rooms to be fairly large, especially for European standards. There are two restaurants on premise and both restaurants were very good and had a nice selection of both food and drinks. The location is a bit outside of the main city area, however, it is a quick 10 minute drive or less. It is walkable, although, a bit of a walk. It is probably also about 20 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
LeonardoHotelsFra, Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

This hotel has clearly seen better days. It's old, rather grubby and the level of service reminded me of the famous disrespect for the customer associated with Mercedes Benz. They were slow, incompetent and, in the business event I was participating in, positively money-grabbing and unhelpful. Everything was too much trouble, even the smallest thing (I needed some photocopying paper) took an age and was put on the master bill at an extortionate rate. Several hotels in Frankfurt and Duesseldorf seem to think it's a sellers' market out there and they don't need to make any effort at all. Don't go there. They'll perhaps get the idea.

Example: On my last day, I asked to book a taxi for my airport trip at 5.40pm. They told me there was no need as there were always taxis outside. There weren't. It took 5 minutes to speak to anyone in reception. She ordered a cab - 5-10 minutes, she said. 20 minutes later, it arrived, the traffic was (predictably) bad and I only just caught my flight. Never again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
LeonardoHotelsFra, Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your detailled review! To make our guests feeling good is very important for us, so we are truly sorry to read that we did not match your expectations at all. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced at our hotel. We will discuss your comments with our team to find good solutions for the future and hope you give us a chance to earn back your trust.