“far past its 'sell by' date”

InterContinental Frankfurt
Ranked #34 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 20 April 2012

big money for outdated rooms with 25 year old CRT model TVs

decent location with OK service but sorry accommodation

it is hard to know where to begin, the hotel is awful compared to other IC

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear numberoneson,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of our hotel. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the room accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel is in a business area about 5 minutes walk from Frankfurt HBF. We booked a standard room at the 12 floor, it was small, but very clean and quiet. Internet was included in our Business Package but it was rather uncomfortable because there was only a wired connection in the room. Breakfast was really excellent. We had a dinner at the hotel, which was also very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank m2cc
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Hotel InterContinental Frankfurt was nice. The hotel was only a 10 minute walk from the main train station in Frankfurt and is conveniently located.

The view of the river from the room was very nice and the fact that the window opened was definitely a plus. With the open window we could hear birds all night and in the morning which was very soothing.

The TV had a personalized welcome message which was nice and unusual. The hotel felt a bit older but was very clean. The room was small and only had a queen size bed (It was still very comfortable.)

We would stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a King Bed, Non Smoking and High Floor. We got the High Floor and Non Smoking room but...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night because I have had good experiences with the Intercontinental brand (coming from mainly Hilton and Sheraton) and the room rate was good. The hotel is not far from the main Frankfurt train station but is in a nice, quiet area compared to the area directly around the station. The lobby and entrance area of the hotel are very nice and is a similar style to other IC hotels around the world. I somehow didn't put my Priority Club/Ambassador # in my reservation so I had to add it when I checked-in and get my room reassigned to an upgraded room. Entering the room I was disappointed by the size of the television. I don't watch TV in hotel rooms too much but I expected more from an IC. The bathroom was also smaller than I expected, big enough to step inside and close the door behind you but not much bigger.

The Internet connection was wired, but it was fast enough and reliable. However, I would really have preferred to have seen a wireless connection available. One redeeming aspect of my stay was the service, everyone I talked to was great. I would definitely stay here again if they sort out their technology shortcomings. (This is the 21st century, after all.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here in June 2011, Wednesday to Friday. This hotel is a short taxi ride from the Central station. Not much around, but short walk to some restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Was upgraded to a nice panoramic suite on the corner being a Royal Ambassador member of IHG/Priority club. All bebefits were offered during my stay, including Club Lounge access.

The plus points: Excellent views along the Main River (Given you get a room with river view). Convenient for Business Travellers and for having a nice walk near the river.

The minus point: This hotel is not located in Hauptwache area, which is a nice area for shopping, dining and chilling out. The hotel is somehow old and this is evident in the rooms. However, I have no complaints about the rooms..

In conclusion, I would consider returning to this hotel when In Frankfurt, as the shopping area is easily accessible by Taxi or by Trains.

Room Tip: River view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is my first time in Frankfurt IC hotel but have been to others in other cities and countries. So far this is the best experience I had at any IC hotel. When I arrived in the morning at 10am after an exhausting flight from the US, I was greeted by warm, smiling faces and assurance that my room although didn't have full river view, it had a wonderful view of the city. They weren't lying. I wasnt ma to wait until 3pm which is the regular check in time and so many other European hotels forced me to do! The view is spectacular and the room even has a terrace. The staff from bell boys to front desk to wonderfully helpful concierge Stefan has been amazing. The location of the hotel is right at the river Main and close to many museums but a bit of a very pleasant walk to the old town. I even tried the hotel restaurant out of curiosity which I rarely do in hotels. It's pricey but the food is delicious, fresh although expensive. Taxis are available outside. I do recommend this hotel very highly. Oh, the only issue I had is that there was no more heat in early April and it was a bit chilly in the room. The staff gave me a nice, quiet and powerful heater which solved the problem. The beds are some of the most comfortable I ever slept in.

Room Tip: My room 1201 is quiet, it's a corner room with wonderful views of the city and part of the river...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had a two nigths stay at the end of March, the room was perfect with a nice view of river and the hotel is quite and far from city noises. The hotel has a very helpful and respective team.

Room Tip: River side is perfect. You will see a nice lovely sun rise and set and also boats passing infront of...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple