“Good for one night as an Airport Hotel”

Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North
Ranked #114 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Good for one night as an Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport-North, Frankfurt for a night in December. Our reason for choosing this hotel was it was close to the airport and reasonably priced. The hotel meet these two needs. I would not want to stay here longer than a night or two. The hotel is very old and in need of some renovations. It is not unlike a lot of European hotels in the sense that the rooms are just big enough to fit the bed. It has only been a Holiday Inn for a couple of years.

This is the first hotel that I have ever stayed that had a coin operated safe in the room (see pictures). The staff was friendly and helpful. It did not appear that a lot of people were staying in the hotel.

The lobby had computers that guests could use. They were located in old telephone booths (see pictures). However, use is not free, there was a charge to use them.

The hotel had a free shuttle back and forth to the airport.

Even though it is close to the airport, we were able to take a taxi down town to the Christmas markets for about 15 Euros.

Would we stay here again and/or recommend it to friends – probably but only as an airport hotel (one night stay when all you’re looking for is a bed).

The hotel did not offer free WI-FI (not even in the lobby) which is always a pet-peeve of mine. I can spend a couple bucks at a coffee shop and get free WI-FI anywhere in the world but a hotel doesn’t give me free WI-FI after spending hundreds of dollars?

I have uploaded lots of pictures of the hotel for you to get a better picture of what it is like.

If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank ToonTowner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, complimentary tea and coffee in room. One cup of coffee in the hotel restaurant. Shuttle every 20 minutes. Breakfast at the hotel is very expensive great places to eat at the airport like the Marche with sandwiches pastries or made to order breakfast. I would use this hotel again on future trips.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank spaqueen2010
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I was staying there some time ago and at 2 20am somebody stormed into my room which in my opinion was closed. Hotel never took responsibility. Make sure room is closed and locked as it seems doors in this hotel tend not to close properly and tightly

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank nothing11

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed here several times before flying on holiday. Staff is very friendly, room is clean and spacious, food in the restaurant is also good and parking is safe. Rooms are very quiet because hotel is located near a large wood. The airport shuttle runs every half hour on time!! Airport pick-up was also good and fast. You can leave your carkeys and papers in the hotelsafe so you don't have to carry them when you are on holiday, very convenient. Would stay here again before flying from Farankfurt Airport.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
IL
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel, was a regular Holiday Inn, with the kind of rooms and service you would expect. I have stayed so much at holiday inn's, that I am used and spoilt by them, and I am not able to write anything about it.
The staff is friendly, the breakfast spread is great, and they have a shuttle to the airport.
Overall a great experience

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The obvious reason once stays at this hotel is either a flight cancellation or a short trip so that you can catch the flight easily. The hotel is in a good location - a little deep in the forest (might be difficult to find without GPS). The food is good (i tried only breakfast); but the bar & restaurants looked good.
I will say 'worth the money' if you are on a business trip.

Make sure to note the shuttle timings. Although, taxi is not so costly as well (around 25 Euro)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 4 November 2011

It was one night business stay. To be clear - I like Holiday Inn chain - very solid and never disappointing. This one was though. Location is no-where. Hard to get to even by car equipped with the GPS. I might have missed that but I saw nothing around - nowhere to go out. What has surprise me was that hotel was somewhat not clean as all Holiday Inns I know are - this concerns public areas in particular - lobby and corridors. Room itself was clean but literally the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Comparably small were only rooms @15-20GBP in the pubs in the UK. I was a bit shocked. Happily sleepy enough not to care too much. Bed and pillows - as always in Holiday - great. We had a dinner in the hotel restaurant. My colleague and I had a rib-eye steak. They mixed up raw and medium made which did not matter that much as both were very similar anyway. They were quite tasty, at least significant eatable part of them. Breakfast (included in the rate) was ok, however I would have thought Germans have food good enough not to necessarily pretend English breakfast. The biggest disappointment came while checking out. I did it, and when I was just about to leave the reception desk, the telephone rang. The receptionist picked up without paying any attention to me leaving the desk and saying 'thanks and bye'. I went to the restaurant to have the breakfast. After the breakfast, I was waiting at the lobby for the courtesy hotel bus to bring me to the airport. What was my surprise that somebody (receptionist) call out my name and said: 'you forgot your credit card'. Indeed I forgot but I believe she forgot even more while picking up the phone mentioned earlier. New boyfriend? She did not bother to find my when she realized I left my card. Very relaxed indeed. I really lost my temper there and it was not pleasant conversation. To summarize: a bit too many disappointments as for one night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#40 of 269 in Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#2 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Motel One Frankfurt-Niederrad
#64 of 269 in Frankfurt
Niederrad
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North? Share your experiences!