“Rude and condescending, never again.”

Comfort Hotel Frankfurt City Centre
Ranked #203 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Was traveling with a few engineers and we would randomly picked a hotel within the city center as we go to Germany at least 10 times a year so we do know that cheap doesn't always mean rude and crass.......Check-in was horrible and slow. Breakfast ( we top up the difference to eat in-house due to early flight) was a dismay with very, very limited choices and trays were always empty. What topped the cake was the rude reception man on 6 December afternoon during check-in...when asked why the lift wasn't working as we've waited a while, he told us to " See for yourself." A random guest walked by, overheard and told us the lift was under maintenance. Beds were tiny but we knew of this from the website and there was no air-conditioning but a fan so it got a little stuffy. We would avoid this place at all costs. We always stay in the city for a night before we head off elsewhere or overnight before our flight so if you are in our shoes, do not spoil your trip by staying here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

From location to rooms, I kind of liked this place. This hotel is just 5 minutes walk from the central station and of course has a lot of food and coffee options nearby. So you are good with that. About the hotel, I found the staff to be very friendly, rooms are clean and spacious. I had the business room so I can only comment about that. The shower in the bathroom is a bit uncomfortable but everything else about this hotel is fine. The hotel is not expensive at all and frankly I found it worth for the kind of money they charge. Just one tip: On check in, ask for a room which has a water boiler instead of just a coffee machine.
All in all, affable hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Look, I don’t know what I expected for £34 but I wish I’d dug a bit deeper and stayed somewhere a bit, no, a lot better! Like staying in a sparsely furnished teenager’s bedroom! On the positive side, it was a very warm room though, the shower was fast and it had a fridge. No tea bags or milk on the tea tray - reception could only offer me a tiny carton of uht coffee creamer - not the same thing at all as any tea drinker will tell you! Asked if they’d have any fresh milk in the kitchen and was told no - yeah, that’d be right!??? Not a nice area after dark as I found out trudging the streets to find a supermarket for some milk. Glad I was only there for one night. Wouldn’t go back and may I suggest that if your search comes up with anything over £30 for this hotel, don’t bother!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in a neighborhood that doesn't feel very safe for tourists at all. The room was the smallest we had in Germany and was not very clean, we actually found a dirty sock left from a previous guest in the room. We got no sleep at all due to flat pillows, extreme heat and the fact that our room backed to a very noisy and smelly alley. I really was very disappointed in this hotel. Nothing like the Choice hotels we have in the US.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the comfort hotel for one night in July and overall the hotel seemed about right for the price.

Pros:
-Great location, just a 5 min walk from the train station, close to many restaurants
-Amazingly fast Wi-Fi for us. Not sure if that was our room location. (306) but it was incredibly fast.
-Well spoken bi-lingual staff

Cons:
-Bathroom doors didn't open, or at least we didn't figure it out. Wanted them open for airflow as we opted for no AC.

We did not opt for breakfast so can't comment on that. Overall this hotel seemed about right value for 55 Euro.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

This is a new hotel, situated in what was for me still a construction site. The staff were very helpful and honest that they are still a Work In Progress. The finishes were adequate and not shabby looking so not sure what their pricing is as I stayed there compliments of Lufthansa after my connecting flight left without us. They made the best out of a bad situation and I actually found that they were for for purpose. The rooms were tidy and their whisky bar well stocked. There is no phone in the room so had to go to reception every time I had a query. My room did have quite a scenic view and the hotel is very close to the airport so not ideal accommodation if your intetion is to tour Frankfurt.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights and had really a nice time. Great value for money. Situated in a superb location just 150-200m to the Frankfurt main station. I was there to attend a fair which held at the Messe Frankfurt and it was really closer to the Messe as well. By tram there was only 2 stops and luckily there was a shuttle as well. Further this was situated central to all the shopping places which made me really happy as well. Staff was friendly and helpful and they all speak good English. So it was very convenient for me. I will recommend this place anybody who come for short stay for business and leisure as well.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business