“Rating Based on Location and Price”

Favored Hotel Scala
Ranked #104 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I spent three nights recently at the Favored Hotel Scala in downtown Frankfurt. While I am rating them as overall "Very Good," please note that this is based on price and location. Removing price from the equation, they are definitely a two-star location.

As noted, the location is very good, located just off the pedestrian zone and within easy walking distance of a large train complex. The location is also very quiet, especially considering the extreme downtown location. I rode in on the train from the airport, and it took about 20 minutes. Very convenient.

Check-in was non-eventful, and though I arrived early, my requested high-floor room was ready. I had the as-advertised small single room, but it was fine for my needs. It is small, though. Note that there is no air-conditioning -- there was a fan in the room, though it was very cold during my visit -- and the heat is via a hand-dialed radiator. There are, by the way, radiators in the room, as well as the very compact bathroom.

I tried to take a shower upon my arrival, but despite letting the water run for about 20 minutes in the middle of the afternoon, it never got warm. I did, however, have plenty of hot water for my morning showers. I am unsure why there was no warm water during the afternoon.

The bed is fairly comfortable, though it is small. In addition, you are only given one relatively small feather pillow, which I found very uncomfortable.

Breakfast is an added expense, for which I did not splurge. There are several coffee shops in the immediately vicinity.

Overall, my stay was fine. Very basic, a little annoying, but for the price, I cannot complain.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Nellie, Thank you very much for your reservation and for your stay. We appreciate your recommendations and tips for other guests.
Please note, that an Air conditioning is available in the comfort category, but for the wintertime you do not use the aircon in Germany, you have to use the heating to warm the room. ;-)
If you have any requirements, such as a different pillow, please do not hesitate to contact our reception any time. We will always be happy to help.
Kind regards, Your team at the Favored Hotel Scala

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent located...near major restaurants and malls in Frankfurt, people at the front desk very helpful and efficient. Breakfast buffet small but complete, the peraonal at the restaurant very kind as well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Guest, we thank you for your stay in our hotel and for your receommendations.
It is our pleasure if you enjoeyed your stay with us. Kind regards, Favored Hotel Scala

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

An interesting discussion about what a 'double room' is - not two beds pushed together in my book. They did move me on the 2nd day.
Rooms are good sized and well equipped like Accor/Novotel on whose website I found this. About 20mins walk from station or short walk from Underground. If you are in the front, you will need to close windows against regular traffic noise.
Didn't have breakfast at 14 euros per day. Lots of places around to cover it and nice evening restaurants.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your Frankfurt-stay. We are pleased, that you enjoyed it. Kind regards , Favored Hotel Scala

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I could not be happier with my hotel choice for Frankfurt. I wanted a hotel in the middle of the gay district, close to a metro station clean and affordable and this is exactly what i found in hotel Scala. It it very close from the metro station in fact we walked problably 5 minutes from Konstablewache station to this hotel and was very happy to find out we were right where we wanted to be, close to amazing restaurants, a huge shopping street and all the gay bars.
Our room was clean and bright, we got the comfortable room the one with the picture in the background, room 55, my friend got a standard room that was still very cozy. I really couldnt have asked for a better hotel. They offer complimentary umbrellas and complimentary apples all day :)
Great service btw! totally recommended

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oriel e
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Oriel,
thank you so much for your stay and for your fantastic feedback. It is our pleasure, that you had such a great stay at our hotel.
We hope to welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Favored Hotel Scala

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Room is clean, quiet, receptionist is friendly especially Milan, very nice. He offered a tea pot to me so I can have hot water to make tea. I do not drink cold drink usually. Hot water is very important for me.
There is grocery store, restaurant nearby. Walking distance to many places. I am happy with my stay so far.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here for 3 days , I expected bigger rooms when I arrived there . It was just possible to go in room alone.There were no place for second people. The heating system was fine.Also, I recommend you definetely to try breakfast.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
AnneSchue, Verkaufsleiter at Favored Hotel Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your reservation at our hotel and for your feedback. We regret, that we did not meet your expactions about the room size. Our hotel offers several room categories. The biggest room would be a comfort- double room which can be booked for 1 person also. An explanation of the room types you will find on our website.
For any questions or enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Your Favored Hotel Scala Team

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Cannot mention any negative points concerning this hotel. Dealt with three different people on the reception and i must say they all were extremely friendly, correct, polite and mega helpful! In my personal subjective experience it happens rarely in Germany. Room was big enough and clean. Located 4 min walk from train station with direct train to airport (15 min with train s8 and s9). 10 min walk from old center and in good area. Exceptional good money/value hotel!!! And again thank you to people working there!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
AnneSchue, Director of Sales at Favored Hotel Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your stay and for your friendly feedback. We are happy, if you enjoyed your stay with us.
We would be pleased to welcome you back next time you visit Frankfurt.
Kind regards , your team at the Favored Hotel Scala