“non-polite staff”

mainhaus Stadthotel
Ranked #141 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have stayed one night in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel itself is ok, mid category, clean. BUT. I travel all around the world, connected my laptop to wifi couple of hundreds or thousand times successfully, so I know how to manage these technical details...The unique password didn`t work, so walked down to the reception and requested a new one. the receptionist started to shout on me, saying, i was wrong, as it had to work, as I was still checked in. and I have to bring down the device and my code and she will show how to do it. i got really pissed off by this tone of voice, and the same time felt ridiculous with such solution. so told her I did not need her support any more.
When checked in, we have asked about checkout time. as we have a corporate contract with the hotel, the checkout time was 11 a.m.
we left the hotel after breakfast, and got back around 10:45, still being checked in. Went to my room, which was cleaned with new bed-linen, towels, everything for the next guest even though all my belongings were still in...
My colleague had the same bad experience, at 9 am housekeeping was knocking on the door, not waited a second and opened it immediately, while she was just out of bed...
Service is really low class, it could be improved big time, the same way as the hotel is being renovated.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The wifi in the hotel is very bad. You can not use it and you need to reconnect all the time. The shower in my room had no door and the floor gets completely wet at bath time. They put me in a room without air conditioning when it was 34° in the city. I had to complain to get another room. This means that not all the rooms have air conditioned. The good things about the hotel are the breakfast and the kindness of the staff.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Booked on short term and confusing at the desk upon arrival 'who I was' - right? No. Small room but that is no problem, very small bathroom with is really not good and slippery shower - be aware. Arrived late afternoon and left early morning, still charged a full day & night for the car parking - not good. Breakfast offers everything... but most of it poor quality since being cooked on the plate for an hour - totally dried out eggs and tomatoes, and coffee is not warm when you finally get it. Problem of always being booked - why would you bother delivering good service?

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Lovethe stay here. Room was great, al little noisy at times from traffic but hey, we are in the city....walking distance to the main river and Altstadt.....very nice staff. Will come back Highly recommend this place. Also reasonable

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2016

It is a nice, modern hotel near the center of the town (around 10 minutes walk). Rooms are clean, but simple, accommodated with the basics. Although I would suggest it for a business trip. The hotel is near a main road and if you stay below 4th floor is a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms above 5th floor are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I got this hotel on special offer so very reasonable price !
Great location , super friendly staff , very good foods and neat room .
Overall I give them 4 stars . I certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I recently stayed at mainhaus. The room I was originally sent to had an unmade bed and dirty dishes, not a good first impression! The staff was very nice and sent me to another room, although the internet in the new room did not work and the smell was unpleasant. I do not like giving this less then review because of the kindness of the staff but I would not stay in this hotel again for several reasons.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Frankfurt hotels
Grand Hotel Dream
Favored Hotel Scala
#101 of 269 in Frankfurt
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to mainhaus Stadthotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about mainhaus Stadthotel

Address: Lange Str. 26, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Formerly Das Kolping Hotel Frankfurt)
Region: Germany > Hesse > Frankfurt > Innenstadt
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #141 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Price Range: C$117 - C$264 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — mainhaus Stadthotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your mainhaus Stadthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.