“Good Hotels can be so dirt cheap” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Rossija

Hotel Rossija
Ranked #207 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Kolkata, India
“Good Hotels can be so dirt cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

An excellent hotel. I was anxious after reading the reviews on trip-advisor but I was surprised to find that all of them was wrong.
Firstly, the hotel location: It's very near to the station. Just opposite the station there is a street called Tanustrasse. Go along the street till you come to a crossing, turn left and the third building is the hotel.
Regarding the neighbourhood red-light district, I didn't see any call-girls, or any sort of disturbance or drunkards. Well, there are a couple of go-go bars and discotheques but they keep to themselves and are not interested in the passers-by. We returned to the hotel at 11 pm after some work and it was as safe as anything and we never felt fear.
The room was literally huge and there was ample space for walking, the bathroom big and they were spotlessly clean. Adequate lighting in the room.
The breakfast was surprising good considering the room rate and the choice plentiful.
Branded hotels should learn a thing or two from these small hotels regarding service ( which was 24/7) and the room size. I would definitely stay there again and I recommend this hotel whole-heartedly to any of my fellow-travellers. Just give it a shot and see whether anything that I have described is wrong.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dr_B_Maitra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ludhiana, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

we stayed here for only one night it is very nice to see the location as it is very near to central station nice breakfast , very good quality of food.....
also in very good price...

as it was a bussiness trip the environmet in room is very cosy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank rajan_tangri
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

After successfully using your hotel for many years, I recently experienced a terrible problem. I am writing to obtain compensation for a mistake for which I believe your hotel is responsible.
On January, 20-24th, 2011, I and my brother stayed at Hotel Rossija. We were so pleased and trusty that decided to leave a package for an old friend. She was supposed to pick it up after we would check out. Unfortunately this time we forgot to leave a room key at the receptionist or perhaps, the receptionist forgot to remind us about the key… Anyway. Upon our arrival at home we discovered our mistake and call the hotel to ask for forgiveness and promised that we will send the key via mail or will drop off during our next trip or pay fee with a credit card. The reason we had to do all of that is that the supervisor of the hotel, someone named Lyuba, took out package as a hostage. Moreover she spoke very rudely and unprofessional over the phone, at the end she had a nerve to hang up the phone on me while I was talking. Basically her point was “give me a key or you won’t see your belongings”. She ignored my apologies and regrets, she wouldn’t hear my explanations. After that I was unable to get in touch with her and with someone superior to her. We expect your Hotel to return the package because of your receptionist’s mistake. It’s the hotel’s job to remind us. We also expect a full apology from supervisor Lyuba and assurance that she takes responsibility for her rudeness.
From our experience, this situation was a dramatic letdown from the superlative service that we usually receive from Hotel Rossiya. In fact, we have always been loyal to your hotel because of the exemplary treatment we have received from you and your attentive staff. We suggest that you coach Lyuba in proper customer service procedures and in customer relations. Her behavior does not reflect positively on Hotel Rossiya.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank berezka81

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

As you know at certain social events during the year in the city of frankfurt can be difficult at times to find a hotel. I've resided a few nights in hotel rossija and have no complaints. It was very clean, I didn't hear load noises and had a good breakfast in the morning. I feel that the people that are complaining about this hotel would complain the same about any hotel here in frankfurt or in another cityin germany. Remember people like to complain!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Java, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

i arrived in frankfurt almost late at night, 10 pm. i walked to this hotel with my parent from the main station, i felt scared because the hotel is in the red district and lot of junkies stood in front of hotel's gate, but the room wad clean, comfort and the bathroom is warm, i didn't feel cold when i took a bath because my origin is from Indonesia and i never felt cold weather like in Europe. it's nice to stayed there

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank amanda294228
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

We booked it because it was close to the train station. The staffs are not as professional as other places, but it's clean and acceptable. It's fine until the night comes. Don't expect to sleep. This is the redlight district, and you can see and hear your next building neighbors, and they are creepy. Creepy and very loud music all night long and creepy light from their windows. A little scary to walk out on the street too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank PrincessSasa
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

small hotel,reasonably clean.crap decor.roller shutter security gates (that should tell you something) junkies smoking crack and injecting. centre of red light district.cant wait to go back in february next year

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family