“nice”
Review of Hotel Rossija

Hotel Rossija
Ranked #180 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 December 2010

i arrived in frankfurt almost late at night, 10 pm. i walked to this hotel with my parent from the main station, i felt scared because the hotel is in the red district and lot of junkies stood in front of hotel's gate, but the room wad clean, comfort and the bathroom is warm, i didn't feel cold when i took a bath because my origin is from Indonesia and i never felt cold weather like in Europe. it's nice to stayed there

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank amanda294228

Reviewed 9 November 2010

We booked it because it was close to the train station. The staffs are not as professional as other places, but it's clean and acceptable. It's fine until the night comes. Don't expect to sleep. This is the redlight district, and you can see and hear your next building neighbors, and they are creepy. Creepy and very loud music all night long and creepy light from their windows. A little scary to walk out on the street too.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank PrincessSasa
Reviewed 19 October 2010

small hotel,reasonably clean.crap decor.roller shutter security gates (that should tell you something) junkies smoking crack and injecting. centre of red light district.cant wait to go back in february next year

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

My room was very spacious, reasonably clean and very cheap, the owner nice and the hotel a few minutes walk from to the station. You just have to know that the area is very dodgy. Loads of pimp shows and "pink hotels" which is ok but also some junkies. In september 2010, crack dealers and consumers were using the area in front of the hotel entrance to make their business. No agressivity but not very reassuring when you have to wait for a crack deal to end to get into your hotel...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dadie13
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Unfortunately I left it very late to book a hotel room in Frankfurt during the Light + Build exhibition in April. I was initially relieved to find somewhere and the price of €500- for 2 nights accommodation suggested to me that the hotel might be fairly reasonable.
The first thing to greet me on the morning of my arrival was the used Syringes at the entrance of the hotel. I could not get access to my room when I checked in, so I proceeded about my business for the day. When I entered my room that evening I could not believe the general state of cleanliness and condition of the room. The carpet was heavily stained everywhere, the bath was mouldly and the radiator beside the WC was corroded with urine. I would have left immediately only I was aware that all the Frankfurt Hotels were full to capacity, and secondly the reception had taken payment in full when I checked in.
I slept in my clothes that night as I was afraid of catching something...only I didn't really sleep. The noise of the drug addicts and prostitutes shouting and screaming outside kept me awake for most of the night. Also the noise of the old passenger lift squeeking and banging did not aid restful sleep.
Would I recommend this hotel to anyone??? Absolutely not, unless you were escorted by a SWAT team and drove an armoured car. In this street in Frankfurt, you take your life in your hands every time you leave the hotel.
I stay in a lot of hotels with business and quite frankly, this has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I stayed here one night while in transit. I picked this hotel because of its proximity to the main train station (which has trains to the airport) and because it was the only hotel in its price range without any negative reviews.

I was fully satisfied with my stay. My room was very basic and a bit drab, but everything was clean and the shower worked well. The staff spoke English and were helpful.

Although the hotel is in the red light district I did not have any problems as a female travelling on her own.

I would definitely recommend this place as a good budget option.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank mariposa01
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Stayed here for three nights. Very clean, very basic hotel, close to the main train station and like most main train stations not in a very nice area, but we were never bothered by the people frequenting the sex shops and lap-dancing clubs, we never felt unsafe. The hotel seems to be used by many people coming the Frankfurt to work, just while they establish themselves. Many Russian and Polish visitors too.

They provide a very nice basic buffet breakfast and for the price they charge it is fantastic value. The pressure in the shower was the best we had in any of six different hotels we stayed in in Poland and Germany. I would definitely go back.

We did not use it, but they have secure parking.

• Stayed: July 2008