“Proper pub.”
Review of The Fox and Hound

The Fox and Hound
Ranked #7 of 153 Nightlife in Frankfurt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My twin brother Stephen and I visited this pub the last time we had a holiday in Frankfurt and had a great time and so it proved on our latest holiday to Frankfurt and to this great pub
I love the look of this pub ,great decor and furnishings including a great looking island style serving bar,photos,beer posters and enamels adorning the walls and plenty of seating options spread throughout pub plus tv's to enjoy the sport ,there's also a covered terrace and a beer garden,it really is a superb pub and one I am so glad we revisited.
We were here on a Monday early afternoon and the pub was busy,we got a table and a very pleasant member of staff took our order of a couple of beers and we opted to have that most German of beers namely Holsten beer,these were served in tip top condition being iced cold and sparkling and we just chilled out and soaked up the great vibe in this busy and popular pub.
I really enjoy Holsten beer ,it's a light and hoppy unpretentious beer and very easy to drink indeed.
On this visit I cannot comment on the meals as we were only here for some beers but I must say that the meals leaving the kitchen looked and smelt delicious and on our next visit to here we are most certainly going to try out their meal menu.
Our beers were superb as was the atmosphere so much so that we ended up staying here for two beers each before we moved on and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
The Fox And Hounds Pub is really easy to locate on Niedenau,it's just past the very impressive Westend Tower.
A great pub and well worth checking out.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Went in here. Food was really good, desert was amazing although I got interrupted half way through to ask if I could pay the bill because she was going home soon. I ordered Coca-Cola, my partner ordered a pint of beer. The beer was flat, so he left it. Other than that really good :)

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were excited to find a place that was screening the Lions Tour in New Zealand. It was on quite early (9.30am)so we thought we would leave breakfast and order something while we were there. We were the first people there and were told on arrival that the restaurant wouldn't be opening until 11am. Although disappointed we didn't mind filling up on a coffee, some hot chocolates and crisps for the kids and beer for my husband. After a while I decided to partake in a couple of gin and tonics! Not my usual breakfast but we were having such a nice time and the bar man was really helpful. During half time I thought I'd better get something more substantial for my children to eat so I went across the road to a food bar and got a roll for them to share. I know that it's not correct etiquette to take food into establishments that have restaurants. However, given that the restaurant wasn't opening for another hour and we were buying drinks from the bar, I hoped that the staff wouldn't mind, especially given that the food was for our kids. Unfortunately our children were not hungry so my husband thought he would have the roll with his beer. A man, who we later discovered to be the owner, came over to where we were sitting. He was less than friendly when my husband told him that our home team were playing against the Lions. He said "well I hope you lose!" and was not laughing about his comment either. He then proceeded to say that it was absolutely not ok to be eating food brought in from somewhere else. We apologised and told him that we had planned to come for breakfast but were told that the restaurant wouldn't be open until 11am. We were very embarrassed and felt extremely uncomfortable about how he approached this issue. I assured him that we meant no disrespect and we put the roll away. We were still the only people in the bar. Needless to say, we didn't stay for breakfast and we finalised our bill immediately. We weren't going to spend anymore of our money in this establishment and I certainly will not be recommending this place to anyone. The result of the game was bitter sweet given how we were treated. It was a draw.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I've been in a couple of times and found it a friendly place. It has never been busy on my visits but in many ways it has the atmosphere of an English pub.
It certainly has a range of English beers and sports. It seems to be a place to cultivate as a local as it's close to town without being swarmed with people. It's not bogged down with having to be fashionable.
Worth a look.