See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

After a tiresome week at the Messe Fair ,The reception phoned my room at 11:00 o'clock on 19 March 2017 to inform me that my check out time is 11:00 o clock.Not a one hour or thirty minutes before.When i said i know it was 12:00 she came personally to room shout i have 15 min left while i was trying to pack my valises with all haste.Even without taking shower or going to toilet i rushed out of room while forgetting sone of my stuff even one if my collegues lost his money too.At the desk i said this is not a good way to behave customers like this and she shouted i must thank her because she didnt charge me extra fee and and went to her room shut the door on my face.Please dont go there if you have some self respect.Very rude and unprofessinal workers..Causing problems for you instead of solving them.i even didnt mention no or very weak wi fi, very small bathrooms and bad egg like smell at restaurant.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tuna K
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Very convenient hotel for Frankfurts CBD. The hotel was behind another building which itself was on a main road. This meant the hotel was in a very quiet location. My double room was comfortable, very clean and even had a small kitchenette. Shower worked well with good pressure. The breakfast buffet was very good and replenished often. I would recommend this hotel and if I had to visit Frankfurt would stay there again

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

There was no problem with no noise in spite of close situated to railway. We had very good sleep each night. We only needed to use it for late evenings and for sleeping. Breakfast was high standard.
The hotel was fully to our satisfaction considering a reasonable price.
Will remind them of giving more power to wifi.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2016

It was, perhaps, our good fortune that we chose to visit Frankfurt when the Design Fair was in town. All the 'posh' hotels we tried to book were full, or asking ridiculous prices. The Senator Hotel was conveniently placed for transport links into the centre. The Tram stop was no more than 5 mins away, with trams every 10 minutes during the day and a journey time into the centre of about 15 mins.

The room was basic but clean. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom small but more than adequate and a very powerful shower. Our fear when we arrived, and having read some reviews on Trip Advisor, was that the nearby railway would be noisy. This proved not to be the case, even to the extent that when we opened the window during the night for some air we were not disturbed.

There is a kitchenette in the room use of which, according to the literature, is charged at €19 per day. We chose not to use it for this reason, although we did keep some bottles of water in the fridge.

Apart from checking-in, we neither saw nor needed to speak to any staff during our stay so I cannot comment on the customer service levels.

Overall this hotel served our purposes very well. It would not necessarily be the ideal destination for a romantic treat, but as good value accommodation, it did its job well.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2016

Senator hotel is an average hotel, but it is still honest in its offer. It delivers just what is promised, a decent accomodation for the price. The building itself is nothing to really like, it doesn't really look like a hotel from the outside. During check-in, we were asked to pay in advance, which was ok with us, but still it is not very common. Our room, on the ground floor, was spacious enough for two adults and a small child. Plus, It was clean and furniture and bathroom were in good shape. On the other hand, the room was rather cold when we first entered, but turning on the heater made things better soon enough.

Date of stay: January 2016