All reviews fantastic hotel quiet location small fridge hope to return two nights good size room was large hotel is located town rudesheim motorcycle monument river bath cars german
Reviewed July 27, 2018

This place is a delight! The staff truly understand hospitality. Nice quiet location, but easy access to the city’s charms. I was welcomed from the moment I walked in, exhausted from an overnight flight. The optional breakfast was worth the price. There is an option for air-conditioned rooms, which I took advantage of during an especially hot week. The staff helped me to find a great bicycle rental close by (Radkranz) and cheerfully greeted me after a day of biking along the Rhine. Thank you, Hotel zum Bären!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Hotel_Zum_Baeren, Inhaber at Hotel Zum Baeren, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you very much for your superb review!
We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel
and Ruedesheim
and hope to welcome you again.
Kind regards,
the Willig family and team

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

It was a last minute decision to visit Rüdesheim and to book this hotel. I’m so glad I did. It’s such a charming hotel which offers a warm welcome. I was travelling on my own and had booked a single room but was upgraded to a double room with air conditioning. The room was large and clean with all amenities. The towels were so soft. Everyone I met who worked at the hotel was polite and friendly ( and spoke perfect English). The breakfast is good value. Would I return? Too right I would.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Wow, that is a great review. Thank you very much!
We would love to welcome you soon again in Ruedesheim....
There are so many interesting things to do in Ruedesheim and the Rhine valley...
And our team will be more than happy to plan your days here.
Kind regards, the Family Willig

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Booked two rooms for two nights. Both were brilliantly clean, with much German charm. The pillows, oh my, perhaps the finest I have ever used at a hotel, such a restful sleep.
The staff greeted us warmly when we arrived several hours before check in.
Spoke English well, which was appreciated since we knew only a few niceties in German.
Allowed us to regroup and keep our bags there while we explored the village.
Gave us a map and a brief overview of the area. They conveniently have tickets right there for many of the local attractions {riverboat castle tours, cable car ride to a wonderful park and monument etc} they just add the cost to your hotel bill.
A small fridge was available for guests to purchase a bottle of local wine {or bottled water} on the honor system, to enjoy on your own, along with nice wine glasses.
The breakfast was just right, mix of warm and cold options, all yummy, good price, comfortable setting, again staff efficient and friendly.
We loved every minute of our stay, felt as if we were staying with family or friends. Hope to return.

Stayed: May 2018
RalphWillig, Inhaber at Hotel Zum Baeren, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Thank you very much for this WUNDERBAR review.
It is a great pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Ruedesheim.
We are trying to take care about the "little" things as well, so lovely that you honored them by mentioning.
And yes!!! We are so proud of our great ladies, who really enjoy working with our guest.
We hope to welcome you soon again in our place.
Kind regards from Ralph Willig and team

Reviewed December 6, 2017

We stayed here very recently with the stepfather for a christmas market trip. We had never been to the hotel before but know the town really well. It was spotlessly clean and the room was a good size with a fantastic shower which was well used after long walks. The staff were brilliant especially the lady on reception who was very patient whilst i tried to get my flight tickets printed off. Sorry i didnt get your name but thanks again. The whole hotel is situated in a great location ideal for the markets but just the right distance away from the train tracks and town centre for a good nights sleep. The breakfasts where an additional cost, but in my opinon well worth it as there was a good choice including bacon, eggs, sausages and lots of other items. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the staff and the lady who served us at breakfast most mornings was really nice as well. Overall great traditional hotel which i cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: We had room 31 as a double which was a good size with views in the distance of the cablecars.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
RalphWillig, Manager at Hotel Zum Baeren, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Wow, what a super comment!
We love to see, that you notice our way of taking care of our guests individually and try to make the stay as pleasant as possible.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards,
Ralph Willig and the whole team

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved Hotel Zum Baeren. Friendly and highly helpful front desk. The room was very clean and comfortable. And the location was perfect. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the area!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
RalphWillig, Inhaber at Hotel Zum Baeren, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Great review!
Thank you very much. We love to read that you enjoyed your stay that much.
See back again here....